Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only the beginning . You love to see it 

I wonder if he’ll actually take it private?   I don’t think it would be easy.   And I guess the big question is will he change who’s in and who’s out?   He implies he will but no one really knows if he’ll consider other factors.    Twitter aside I could never stand him and I will not ever consider a Tesla.

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I wonder if he’ll actually take it private?   I don’t think it would be easy.   And I guess the big question is will he change who’s in and who’s out?   He implies he will but no one really knows if he’ll consider other factors.    Twitter aside I could never stand him and I will not ever consider a Tesla.

I agree on the Tesla.  Or any electric car . Ever 

• Haha 2

I don't use Twitter... except I do like reading through baseball twitter for highlights and clips.

I'm more of a photo guy (shocking), instagram is my jam.

Still good snow on the hill.  It had been 6 days since I'd even walked on snow, needed to spend some time checking things out after a trip away.

278997204_10104776464388940_750080439254

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well I see you on FB and Twitter.. and actively posting on both. So I am not sure what you mean that you don’t do it . 

I don't really do much on it. Maybe a casual look, but overall it sucks. Especially twitter. Well both do, but I only look at specific content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Meh’ just another confirmation that billionaires run the planet. 

It’s a strange part of our existence to which those with the most money are held in the highest regards and thus are given the authority to influence the planet however they choose. It’s great when they do good for people, communities, and the planet… but the other side of the coin holds dire ramifications. 

• Like 3

Not always, but frequently those with a ton of money have done things in their lives that make them famous, influential, and powerful. They don't usually just spring out of thin air and neither does the admiration of and attention paid to them. I don't think people admire Elon Musk or Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos simply due to their sizable bank accounts. These three have all had a huge impact on the very fabric of how society works (modern computing, online shopping, EVs/commercial space access) independent of their money. Seems easily explainable to me.

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Completely overhauling the kitchen. New floor , New walls, paint, trim. My wife wanted to try  a carpentry job from design to finish. She did the doggie door. Her first project. Afraid I have unleashed a beast. Kitchen project now includes bedroom hallway.

20220426_102558.jpg

Nice! Projects are fun to tackle. It takes time and there are challenges but it can be done, in additions to the savings by DIYing. 

We’re almost finished re-doing our kitchen. Most of it, I did. Cabinets, backsplash, dishwasher install, and cabinet hardware while the experts did the countertops and electrical work.

HOhzpcf.jpg

DWiO0pz.jpg

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice! Projects are fun to tackle. It takes time and there are challenges but it can be done, in additions to the savings by DIYing. 

We’re almost finished re-doing our kitchen. Most of it, I did. Cabinets, backsplash, dishwasher install, and cabinet hardware while the experts did the countertops and electrical work.

HOhzpcf.jpg

DWiO0pz.jpg

Love the colors 

31 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The before and after pics both look pretty nice, TBH.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I was going to say, the before pic was good to me lol. 

I like the bottom better but the top is nice enough for me to  have saved even more money by keeping it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Love the colors 

Thanks. We went with a simple classic look but did add some non grey/white colors to the breakfast nook area which is not visible in the pic, so the entire room isn’t overrun by the greyness. GL on your project, it will be a fun.

26 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I like the bottom better but the top is nice enough for me to  have saved even more money by keeping it.

With two young kids and 3 dogs, it was top priority when we bought the forever house to make the kitchen more functional, and not just to give it a face lift. The previous dishwasher and oven worked occasionally so they had to go. There was no breakfast/sitting area so the new countertops extend further to the right, 18” overhang, which now allows the kids to eat in the kitchen and not anywhere else, ha, in addition to a homework area just off the screen. The only thing left was redoing the cabinets and backsplash which cost us around $600 in material and only 3.5mo of my periodic labor to complete it, ha. 

51 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thanks. We went with a simple classic look but did add some non grey/white colors to the breakfast nook area which is not visible in the pic, so the entire room isn’t overrun by the greyness. GL on your project, it will be a fun.

With two young kids and 3 dogs, it was top priority when we bought the forever house to make the kitchen more functional, and not just to give it a face lift. The previous dishwasher and oven worked occasionally so they had to go. There was no breakfast/sitting area so the new countertops extend further to the right, 18” overhang, which now allows the kids to eat in the kitchen and not anywhere else, ha, in addition to a homework area just off the screen. The only thing left was redoing the cabinets and backsplash which cost us around $600 in material and only 3.5mo of my periodic labor to complete it, ha. 

Ah, so you kept the cabinets.  Smart move.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

HOhzpcf.jpg

DWiO0pz.jpg

Nice man.  I like the plain white subway tiles.  We did ours a few years ago to a more tan color but if I did it again I’d go white backsplash.

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Not always, but frequently those with a ton of money have done things in their lives that make them famous, influential, and powerful. They don't usually just spring out of thin air and neither does the admiration of and attention paid to them. I don't think people admire Elon Musk or Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos simply due to their sizable bank accounts. These three have all had a huge impact on the very fabric of how society works (modern computing, online shopping, EVs/commercial space access) independent of their money. Seems easily explainable to me.

Having an 11-year-old and being involved with Cub Scouts and school groups,  I can say with confidence, that a lot of youngsters think Elon is cool while they couldn’t care less about the other two.

5 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s a strange part of our existence to which those with the most money are held in the highest regards and thus are given the authority to influence the planet however they choose. It’s great when they do good for people, communities, and the planet… but the other side of the coin holds dire ramifications. 

When do you think we might have presidential candidates or congressional candidates that make campaign finance reform their priority?

Money buys influence, end of story. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Having an 11-year-old and being involved with Cub Scouts and school groups,  I can say with confidence, that a lot of youngsters think Elon is cool while they couldn’t care less about the other two.

I mean, he does cool stuff. I get that people dislike him for various reasons and he overpromises frequently, but he pushes technological boundaries and has a positive view of the future of humanity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

I mean, he does cool stuff. I get that people dislike him for various reasons and he overpromises frequently, but he pushes technological boundaries and has a positive view of the future of humanity. 

He reminds me of some of the characters from old Heinlein and Asimov type novels from the 1960s/70s.   He’s def got warts and maybe a screw or two loose but fascinating at the same time.