Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

What was the ratios of the snow you had a couple days ago?

Prob about 10 to 1? It was pretty fluffy in terms of snow growth but also a little pasty because the sfc was near freezing so they kind of offset eachother to be near 10 to 1.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Me: “this storm can’t keep tracking east”

Storm:

Was finally able to watch the "Russian 5" documentary about how the Red Wings got Federov et al. to leave/defect from the Soviet Union the other night, was awesome.

For this storm I just hope the ski hills of the Berks get what they need. Some areas of Berkshire East are down to dirt and Catamount might be done after this weekend.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

For NYC maybe, if it comes down hard who knows.. the snow depth maps busted horribly last storm. 

They will be bad in the interior for sure...maybe even the coast if the snow rips for a couple hours. But these are always much tougher than a system like Wednesday. Prob a blend between the two....even Kuchera is prob a lot better in this setup.

• Like 1

The 10:1 maps will have the issue I mentioned last night. The 3k will handle the algorithms better with the 1hr intervals. The problem is the 3k is still trying to divide by zero as the system leaves...not sure what's causing this and if it affects the precip while it's falling over our region, but it makes me pause.

• Like 1