• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

Outside of the Litchfield Hills I think it's going to be very tough to see much in the way of accumulating snow across Connecticut. Litchfield Hills, especially far northwest Connecticut may get pounded on though. But outside of the hills, while the llvl airmass is quite cold 700mb temperatures are very marginal and the DGZ is quite high (though they do quickly crash) but it seems the window for establishing a favorable thermal profile for snow is very thin. Majority of any frozen precip may be more sleet than snow. But with this said...we could see 1-2'' of sleet which would not be good. This is very tough forecast here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not to be prig or a dick ... but I'm going to -

what the f are we spending all this time needling through the carpet, surfing ( urban vernacular/metaphor) for any slipped rock nuggets to get us a d-drip.. 

Gosh, it looks pathetic.

...ha!  Now, watch us get 12" of positive bust in a 1::1000 lotto winner, only because I said that -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

RGEM is nice for the Whites. The latest runs do seem to move the best snow from the Greens to the Whites. 

Definitely more progressive and later phasing on the actual low but RGEM wasn’t bad.

The Greens up here should pack in some snow tomorrow morning with the mid-level Fronto.  What’s going to happen is what normally happens… the NGreens will go longer duration while Whites will get it in shorter duration.

By Sunday morning I bet it’s fairly similar for the mountains all across the North.

7C231D8F-9F19-49FC-AED3-8E1758EBC6AF.thumb.png.ec1003f8d37ef85819fe78cdf819a309.png

• Like 1

Albany ( NAM ) looks like they could get an impressive short duration snow blitz.   They're packing .75" melted in a total snow sounding on the NAM FOUS.

This situation is razor sharp really. The NAM grid is harder to delta between the intervals. Look at LGA ... They go from spitting QPF to a truck load, in a sounding that starts out in mid May and end up late January

240 03989255 02005 981506 51070603
30083909234 08115 913328 43999499

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Euro leading the way it seems on this one….been a while since we’ve seen that. 

Yeah if you compare all the solutions from like 2 days ago, the Euro is taking most guidance to the woodshed in the means. Definitely a needed coup for that model.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

All the 12z hi-res guidance seems pretty bullish on snow in SNE...esp central/west....GFS kind of meh, though it continues to trend east.

I honestly have noticed like zero change in the expected snowfall output with this.....its always looked like potential for a backside inch or two, regardless of how cold the system looks.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I honestly have noticed like zero change in the expected snowfall output with this.....its always looked like potential for a backside inch or two, regardless of how cold the system looks.

Ray, I have been sitting back and watching, is it me or is this thing moving way faster then first thought/

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

For us, yes....out west though it's been a much bigger differences on some of these runs.

• Thanks 1