Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

What are the odds that this turns into a full blown coastal and it snows 6+ inches right down to Nantucket? Im rooting for a slushy foot, nothing too crazy. NNE is likely the jackpot zone either way. For those really big totals we need the low to close off.

A slushy foot will have you out of power for a month. You silly. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Well you keep honking about wanting a crusher, and double digits etc etc…

7” isn’t exactly what you’ve been wishing for. But we’ll keep you updated. :lol:

I don't live in Berlin, FYI. 

I frequently beat them by 4" or more in events like this. They do not get any NW flow upslope of note either.

But good try. LOL

This run has better precip up here than 12z which was weaksauce for sure. I am good with it verifying.

Just now, PhineasC said:

I don't live in Berlin, FYI. 

I frequently beat them by 4" or more in events like this. They do not get any NW flow upslope of note either.

But good try. LOL

This run has better precip up here than 12z which was weaksauce for sure. I am good with it verifying.

Ok, fair enough.  Let’s lock it in. Cuz it was pretty decent here too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ok, fair enough.  Let’s lock it in. Cuz it was pretty decent here too. 

Yeah, I feel pretty good about 10"+ now. This run kicks off some better NW flow upslope after the storm passes and that will be high ratio fluff here. The final .25" liquid can easily be 5" or more. It's how some of us in NNE really pad those stats. LOL

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, I feel pretty good about 10"+ now. This run kicks off some better NW flow upslope after the storm passes and that will be high ratio fluff here. The final .25" liquid can easily be 5" or more. It's how some of us in NNE really pad those stats. LOL

Understood.  Let’s stat-pad for sure. 

35 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well you keep honking about wanting a crusher, and double digits etc etc…

7” isn’t exactly what you’ve been wishing for. But we’ll keep you updated. :lol:

It’s about the overall look.  Not the actual values. I didn’t think he mentioned totals anyway.  The further east the better the ratios in spots too.  A look at 0.75-1.00” can be 9-14” if the last half is cold NNE fluff.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

there has been a pretty legit trend towards a stronger TPV, which leads to lowering of the heights over the NE and a quicker cold air intrusion

tough to say if the EPS is out to lunch, but given the consistency of this trend and the lead time presented, it's hard to totally ignore it

522280235_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).thumb.gif.c62781773ae52388838d0c7d3d76d18c.gifezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.654e77c2db2f93f84e5c206da35199fb.gif

How did it do with the cold , snowy pattern it had for the first half of Morch?

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How did it do with the cold , snowy pattern it had for the first half of Morch?

every ensemble had the same overall pattern, and the signal decayed on all ensembles. the GEFS was also very aggressive with the cold, as was the GEPS. it happens

never said the EPS was correct, either. just said that it's worth considering that kind of solution if the trend continues at 00z

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s about the overall look.  Not the actual values. I didn’t think he mentioned totals anyway.  The further east the better the ratios in spots too.  A look at 0.75-1.00” can be 9-14” if the last half is cold NNE fluff.

Ya we got it straightened out…hoping you guys get a good hit. Maybe we can sneak in something too?