Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 3

Chicago Storm

11 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Not sure on that...latest hrrr now has it snowing at dtw straight thru til 5pm tmrw.  Hopefully We can really start to fluff up after these terribly low ratios.  Really coming down now.

From what I can see, the 18z HRRR shuts out everyone but you and DTW from the snow by early tomorrow morning, and even you/DTW are fringed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Not sure on that...latest hrrr now has it snowing at dtw straight thru til 5pm tmrw.  Hopefully We can really start to fluff up after these terribly low ratios.  Really coming down now.

I'm talking part 1. If we grinded to 6 total does it even mean much? I know you are the eternal optimist but this is a screw job.

• Like 3

Traffic in Indy could be a nightmare in a couple hours.  Transition zone is supposed to cross into Indy in about an hour right before rush hour per KIND update.  They drive like idiots down there (as they do in any larger metros) lol.  Also first semi crash on 65 south of LAF.  imagine that :lol:

https://511in.org/@-88.6322,40.09838,7?show=incidents,normalCameras,weatherWarningsAreaEvents,plowCameras,flooding

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Lansing usually does well with systems that track from the SW. Banding usually end up forming west of 75. East side cant get any good banding thus far. May still end up with 6 or so. Glad I decided to stay put down here. 85 n sunny today.

Definitely jealous.

12 minutes ago, Powerball said:

From what I can see, the 18z HRRR shuts out everyone but you and DTW from the snow by early tomorrow morning, and even you/DTW are fringed.

This looks like a 3 to 5 inch storm. We lost our moisture....my usual concern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

The snow is nowhere near over. It was a frustrating start but the goods are yet to come. 

We’ll be lucky if we end up with 4-5”, I think anyway.  The future radars have shown heaving banding coming thru our area since like 1pm and those have never come to fruition.  All the heavy stuff is staying down in NW Ohio or west of us.  Very frustrating for sure.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Traffic in Indy could be a nightmare in a couple hours.  Transition zone is supposed to cross into Indy in about an hour right before rush hour per KIND update.  They drive like idiots down there (as they do in any larger metros) lol.  Also first semi crash on 65 south of LAF.  imagine that :lol:

https://511in.org/@-88.6322,40.09838,7?show=incidents,normalCameras,weatherWarningsAreaEvents,plowCameras,flooding

Yeah, Indy is going to be a mess during the evening commute. We should see rain change to snow in Indy/Marion County within the next 60-75 minutes and snow rates will reach 1"+ per hour for a couple hours. Hopefully people left work early.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Fella's,

I"m down in Toledo and it's been snowing for 4 hours now(33 degrees) and have about a half inch of concrete with probably a 3:1 ratio.  This is hell.  This thing will need to turn around real quick for me to consider this anything.  

A good old fashion bust.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, TheRegionRat said:

Quite a bit of snow here.  Large drifts in some places.  I'll guess at least 10 inches.  Could be more.  Grateful I have a very short commute home.  

I'm gonna measure in a couple hours, but that seems like a decent estimate.