New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

If you believe the NAM?  

You know the drill, comments are on what the output shows verbatim, not what mitigating factors may impact each run.  That's one possible outcome but obviously there are other factors that will be considered in actual forecasts

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He doesn’t use models, just drinks and envisions what will happen. 

I agree with Kevin, I’m convinced we are getting an ice storm. Even the warmer solutions like the Canadian I am convinced are underestimating the cold air press at the surface with a strong high to the north. The models seem to have trended a little slower with the storm which gives the high more time to build in.

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I believe the NAM shows what the NAM shows. I don't believe the NAM shows something the NAM doesn't show.

As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, George001 said:

I agree with Kevin, I’m convinced we are getting an ice storm. Even the warmer solutions like the Canadian I am convinced are underestimating the cold air press at the surface with a strong high to the north. The models seem to have trended a little slower with the storm which gives the high more time to build in.

Well you make a bad point and a good one. It’s Not about the HP strength at all(bad point)But, delaying the shortwave would give the high time to position itself favorably(good point)So, you’re gettin there…

• Like 1