New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I like Rutland to Dendy and northward.

ICON actually looked about my thoughts for the main snow line despite the model and it’s history.

Could get some latent heat burps north too in the last 36 hours.  The south push has stopped and she starts ticking back north.

The weenie rule in the MA is that the warm air comes in a little stronger than modeled and the cold air comes a little later than progged. Cold air chasing rain very rarely works out down there. Curious to see how it goes up here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The weenie rule in the MA is that the warm air comes in a little stronger than modeled and the cold air comes a little later than progged. Cold air chasing rain very rarely works out down there. Curious to see how it goes up here. 

Cold air can come roaring in here from the N-NE…especially with some evaporative cooling assist if we get some precip into Maine. You should have no problem with NW too since you upslope on that flow. 

55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That would be an interesting storm. Low level profile is such that is would be a mix of OES and pellets lol. 

has been reminding me of the Jan 1994 event yup.  Not saying that's an analog - I just think the result could be similar.