joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s a great run right there.  Just solid snower for the entire North Country zone of RT 2 northward.

That's a real nice 400mile wide or so swath right there, I luv these types, Don't have to worry about whiffing even if there's some taint.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well I think all we’re saying is that it’s caving more “currently”  than not.  Safe to say at the moment.  It sucked the day before for Saturday too. 

GFS had several runs in a row with heavy snow to the coast in SNE, so it also moved from that point. It's not fair to say it has been locked in here. But so far the Euro has made bigger moves and brought all of CNE into the snow too.

Seems they did something to this model that makes it far jumpier than in years past. 

I will always trust it above the others, though. Maybe just nostalgia. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

GFS had several runs in a row with heavy snow to the coast in SNE, so it also moved from that point. It's not fair to say it has been locked in here. But so far the Euro has made bigger moves and brought all of CNE into the snow too.

Seems they did something to this model that makes it far jumpier than in years past. 

I will always trust it above the others, though. Maybe just nostalgia. 

The verification scores I've seen (we've all seen I guess)  still support it as the most reliable, but it isn't perfect. Far from it.  I'm kinds surpised at it in this case.  This isn't a difficult setup like the blizzard

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

For you, I get it though. You guys deserve all the time off you can get. 

We do have a Feb vacation upcoming, but I've been crushed by meetings the last two weeks.  My brain needs a break.  We have only had 1 snow day thus far, so June looks appealing, but I'm beat.

Still loads of time to adjust this but the goalposts are narrowing a bit

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We do have a Feb vacation upcoming, but I've been crushed by meetings the last two weeks.  My brain needs a break.  We have only had 1 snow day thus far, so June looks appealing, but I'm beat.

Still loads of time to adjust this but the goalposts are narrowing a bit

Yea. Meetings tire me out more than work itself lol. It’s mentally exhausting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The verification scores I've seen (we've all seen I guess)  still support it as the most reliable, but it isn't perfect. Far from it.  I'm kinds surpised at it in this case.  This isn't a difficult setup like the blizzard

I think some of it is weenie goggles. Everyone is kissing the GFS's ass right now and acting like it has been locked in but that's partially because it has been offering up good snow solutions for the forum before the other models. If the Euro was coughing up big snows for the bulk of the forum while the GFS jumped around on the sidelines the tune would be different. People would be readily tossing the "goofus." Something is wrong with the Euro now tho. Not the model it used to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think some of it is weenie goggles. Everyone is kissing the GFS's ass right now and acting like it has been locked in but that's partially because it has been offering up good snow solutions for the forum before the other models. If the Euro was coughing up big snows for the bulk of the forum while the GFS jumped around on the sidelines the tune would be different. People would be readily tossing the "goofus." Something is wrong with the Euro now tho. Not the model it used to be.

Phin, it had a fropa at 6z today. Enough said.  It’s floundering. Hate to see it. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, I can't believe people hugging the snowiest models, Its weird.

• Haha 2