joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It's a pretty epic battle between the shortwave and the hp though. Kind of fun watching the models try to resolve.

Yeah and this is where icing could cause a problem...if we start trending both the press and the shortwave stronger, there will be more WAA aloft but CAA low levels which would widen the area of icing.

• Like 4

Just now, mreaves said:

It seems like a town.  I'm not sure how to describe it.  All of VT seems like one big town.  No matter where you go, you eventually talk to someone who knows someone in common.

I live in a town.

BTV has a similar feel to most New England cities. Nashua, Concord, Portland, Manchester...cities down here like Middletown, Norwich, New London and Bristol in CT, Fall River and New Bedford in MA...even a city like Worcester has more in common with Burlington than it does with Boston.

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

In these situations I always feel the Cold press is underdone in modeling but so is the warm tongue, so the frozen ends up where it should climatology if that makes any sense. 

Agreed.  Makes perfect sense.  Cold undercuts and mid-level warmth blasts north.

• Like 1