Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

What the heck is up with the NAM bringing sig ice to NYC and to the beach of rhode island and southern MASS, but most of CT not that much? It goes well south to the west and east of CT? Is that even possible?

No that is not possible imo. Unless we have a force field over the state. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

What the heck is up with the NAM bringing sig ice to NYC and to the beach of rhode island and southern MASS, but most of CT not that much? It goes well south to the west and east of CT? Is that even possible?

There is a big push down the Hudson Valley. Albany is already 28/25 but it's quite a bit milder in S VT at a higher latitude.

Even the global models have picked up on this... pretty impressive. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Just got back up here. Was grainy between exit 24-25, all snow by exit 27. About 1/2 OTG. 32.3F

32.9  Mostly light snow but at times seems like it mixes back.  bit of an accumulation on rails

Good report Mark.  I'm at the latitude between Exit 23 and Exit 24.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

There is a big push down the Hudson Valley. Albany is already 28/25 but it's quite a bit milder in S VT at a higher latitude.

I think once we see pressures begin to rise east of the white mountains up there we may see that same affect back east cross southern New Hampshire and northeast Massachusetts

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I’ve definitely noticed the Hudson Valley, but now sig icing showing up on the Rhode Island shore is just odd. 

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

32.9  Mostly light snow but at times seems like it mixes back.  bit of an accumulation on rails

Good report Mark.  I'm at the latitude between Exit 23 and Exit 24.

Bigger flakes. I doubt there's anything above be above 32, but looks like warm layer coming in around 6000', we'll see. 31.9

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

We’ll some thought that once that cold air started to push, it would come faster and more impressively than has been modeled. (The Pope had been saying this). 

Can I have some of this cold push? Because the only thing I'm pushing right now is 50 lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

We’ll some thought that once that cold air started to push, it would come faster and more impressively than has been modeled. (The Pope had been saying this). 

Maybe - but there's not a ton of cold to the north of us right now. Springfield VT in the valley there is 33/30 and Keene NH is 37/37. Going to take some time. Not like we have a ton of cold just luring north of the Pike to advect in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Maybe - but there's not a ton of cold to the north of us right now. Springfield VT in the valley there is 33/30 and Keene NH is 37/37. Going to take some time. Not like we have a ton of cold just luring north of the Pike to advect in. 

Was just echoing what you were saying about the NAM, and I remember some(Pope being one) saying what the NAM is now showing. If it doesn’t happen like that, oh well NAM wrong again at 12 hrs out. 

8 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I’ve definitely noticed the Hudson Valley, but now sig icing showing up on the Rhode Island shore is just odd. 

Yeah… I think what the model’s attempting to do is flood the Hudson Valley cold south and then the onset of tuck jet invades Southeast New Hampshire blowing over E Mass/RI. Its situating a quasi-warmer seclusion between the two over Connecticut

• Thanks 1

no

14 minutes ago, FXWX said:

That's all I want... just to make the morning school decisions to be easier and not second-guessed!

lots of school around here already called it, I know Winsted and I think region 7, looks like the front is right on my doorstep, 32 and below at the NYCTMA borders, it's down to 37 here now