Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

Low has deepened to 994 mb. The 0z Euro had it at 998 mb at 3 hours after initializing at 1002 mb. The Euro initialized at 1 am, so to be on track the low should be 998 mb by 4 am. It is 2am and the low is already much stronger than expected… 

George, it ran at 1am...it initialized at 00z...hence the 00z run of the euro. IOW it should have been 1002mb at 7pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, this thread is dead this overnight.  This forum started out many years ago dominated by Massachusetts folk but it's increasingly dominated by Connecticut folk who aren't very pleased that February 2013 isn't walking through that door along with Bird, Parish and McHale. 

Not many updates or reports. How can Cory in southern california be living vicariously through interior Southern New England weenies if everyone's taken their ball and gone home because this event is destined to fail to meet expectations.

It's a tragedy what happened to James. If someone has his sister's facebook info please post it and let her know how much he's missed.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Jebman said:

You guys call this the James storm. Who is James?

Hey Jebman, I used to read your posts when I was in MD of the infamous Jebwalks. As others stated he was a snow lover, like us, who passed last year. Very nice group up here. Kinda like the CWG. Hope all is well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WeathergeekMD said:

Hey Jebman, I used to read your posts when I was in MD of the infamous Jebwalks. As others stated he was a snow lover, like us, who passed last year. Very nice group up here. Kinda like the CWG. Hope all is well. 

Everything is well. I am very sorry about your friend who also loved the snow. Enjoy the storm, looks to be pretty massive!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ScottieBird said:

Wow, this thread is dead this overnight.  This forum started out many years ago dominated by Massachusetts folk but it's increasingly dominated by Connecticut folk who aren't very pleased that February 2013 isn't walking through that door along with Bird, Parish and McHale. 

Not many updates or reports. How can Cory in southern california be living vicariously through interior Southern New England weenies if everyone's taken their ball and gone home because this event is destined to fail to meet expectations.

It's a tragedy what happened to James. If someone has his sister's facebook info please post it and let her know how much he's missed.

Arguably the Best I've Seen in Years.  

And what the heck happened?  I didn't even LOOK at the threads for 8  Hours thinking Was missing out on an all-time storm, and the thread got Very Depressed and Negative.... what bakers?  The storm DID go back to what the 12z models said when I canceled the flight?  And will only be a 12-20 storm and not 20-40?  

I mean I'm Beyond FU%&ING DEVISTATED I didn't come in.   It's Beyond Brutal.  Beyond.   AND I got a $100 parking ticket tonight so NOT EVEN saving money by Not going.