• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

Just getting started here on Plum Island. The wind started to roar around 3 am, its been a very strong sustained wind, gusts not overwhelming yet. Maybe 1"-2" of snow, nearly impossible to tell.

Tide on the island is not as high as the storm 2 weeks ago that was rain. Its no where near that actually. That SSE wind storm really drove the water into the mouth of the Merrimack last time, not as much of a pile up with the NE wind at least on this side of the island.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Poor growth here, not looking good.

I think you’re right. Your concerns were valid last night. 

Ya pretty much exactly what I envisioned in my mini melt, so I went to bed at 9. I'm getting lucky in this 5 mile weenie band stuck over my house for a while, may pull off 8-10" but everyone just west or east of here will be 3-6".. 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Free tip for weenies. Upper level tilt is sort of like the nasdaq and S&P 500 futures. It is a prediction of where bands are setting up because the beam is higher aloft.

Will sometimes give you a much better idea of where the most intense banding is setting up.

623450086_RAD_KBOX_N1R_ANI(1).gif.8e61e0d19c5c00f3493e09598d798362.gif

Here is tilt 3. It's a bit higher. But look at that band plowing NW. Forward speed has not decreased. It even has an unstable look to it.

RAD_KBOX_N2R_ANI.gif.30745b4541e1fc45c7ee5f496ca18ace.gif

• Like 1

At the buoy 54 miles SE of ACK, pressure in past hour has dropped 5 mb, low appears to be approaching it, pressure around 980 mbs, winds NE 45 G 55 knots (approx). At this rate historic blizzard James will track right across the Cape in about 4-5 hours. 

That rate of pressure fall as many will know is near the limit. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1