Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1 -3 GHD III

Brian D

1 minute ago, Baum said:

since we've seen some old time poster re-emerge I'd say a weekend camping with Bowme in Wisky's northwoods. As I recall, you guys always hit it off.

You do realize he has been on here for years under another name, and we are respectable with each other.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I'd have to check to see if there are any synoptic similarities but something that crossed my mind is a northward displaced version of the December 2004 storm.

The CIPS top analogs show a ton of big hitters (majority including Chicago). 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I'd have to check to see if there are any synoptic similarities but something that crossed my mind is a northward displaced version of the December 2004 storm.

That be my dream storm if it was just 50 miles north even. Parts of Southern and SE Indiana got widespread 2 ft with some 30 inch plus

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

There's still Winter recreation lol just not snowmobile trails

I would rather snowshoe through the backcountry and enjoy the serenity of nature vs riding a sled.  It just isn't fun anymore, and it seems a lot of people can't ride without being completely shitfaced so it's dangerous as well.  I don't even keep track of how many people die up here each year due to speed and alcohol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I would rather snowshoe through the backcountry and enjoy the serenity of nature vs riding a sled.  It just isn't fun anymore, and it seems a lot of people can't ride without being completely shitfaced so it's dangerous as well.  I don't even keep track of how many people die up here each year due to speed and alcohol.

We have a great time with friends and family on our machines. It's been an amazing set of memories from childhood to now with our own children.

Our time in the UP is something we look forward to each season, but backyard riding has it's own satisfaction as well. Excited for the continued growth in technology and of course for the snow next week!
  • Like 2

Dont mean to be off topic but since were all discussing old members haha... Snowstorm Canuck from Toronto. I think he pops in occasionally but I dont think he posts regularly anymore. Dont even know the last time he posted (though I wasn't here for last weeks epic storm so apologize if he came back for that) 

Just now, mississaugasnow said:

Dont mean to be off topic but since were all discussing old members haha... Snowstorm Canuck from Toronto. I think he pops in occasionally but I dont think he posts regularly anymore. Dont even know the last time he posted (though I wasn't here for last weeks epic storm so apologize if he came back for that) 

He's still around, posted a week or so ago when Toronto got blitzed.

• Like 3

• Brian D changed the title to Feb 1 -3 GHD III
  • Rjay locked this topic