Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Slightly better 

It's much less than people are making it out to be. I'm surprised. I've been calling out people for overemphasizing negative shifts more than they actually were. I'm going to stick with my laurels even in the opposite direction, because this was a tiny wobble on the GFS. Not a shift. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This looks like the usual GFS last minute cave...at the same time I don't think this will be a case where we see the PA/NJ border end up getting 10-15 inches as we've seen in some prior cases like this.  I would say NYC ends up around 8 in the end so maybe something near the NAM/RGEM idea now

For us far west and N/W folks I can’t see much more than 2-4”

1 minute ago, wthrmn654 said:

And your located where? 

NYC - queens. The heart of the forum. Where the gfs went from .6 to .8 inches of snow. It didn't cave. (Yet). I'm in the camp of the cmc/euro/nam anyway. I just don't get why anybody is pumping up this gfs run lol 

Latest Snow Totals  Outlooks:     Thurs AM.

GFS  and Ensemble                     Trace

National Blend of Models             2"-4"

EURO                                               4"

NAM                                                 8"

CMC                                               15"    but Ensemble is much less.

Just now, winterwarlock said:

can I ask how are people confident this is so much better when its barely more west than it was before.  Hasnt there been pretty good consistency with the GFS keeping this east, sure a few ticks east but why are people thinking its meaningful, it still appears nothing like the other models...

you got to look at more than just the surface.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

We don't know if that's even real 

It is very real.

The issue it is showing is the lack of a clean phase. You want this to consolidate much more quickly. If the Northern vort phases in/consolidates and/or the trough tightens a bit, then this double barrel low either does not show up or quickly consolidates to the westernmost low. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Simply not true. Snow doesn't start for 36 hours and both 12z Nam and RGEM had decent amounts in NYC. 

The "Big" snow idea is diminishing. I think 4-8 is a reasonable call for western L.I. on westward. The 12+ inch possibility seems to be waning more and more with every set of runs. A little disappointing considering the potential of this storm but this was always a thread the needle event so we take what we can get.

Just now, USCG RS said:

No one sees the improvements at H5 on the GFS? No one at all?

download.jpg

Love you posts today!

This is so close to something special.

Even if GEM and EURO nudge east with the goods, it does not mean a direct hit here is out of the picture. 

I would imagine it's difficult for the models to get the exact timing of the capture down.

• Like 1