• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

This cycle was run from George's basement. It doesn't get much better than that for his area.

Yeah, that's why I posted earlier about the Euro about to go boom.  You could just see it unfolding with the sharp trough with the s/w diving in on the backside.  That thing went apeshit in no time.  The ideal solution for eastern areas.

• Like 2

If the volatility / explosive deepening does indeed verify, which seems more likely than not, I would expect the slowing / stalling to actually occur a bit earlier than being model.  I would hedge the slowing and explosive deepening occurring a tad further south of where it is modeled.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think so.....probably tamer versions...

Yeah it is going to be hard to just lose this storm....this is extremely good agreement for a D5 system right now. You have cross-guidance support on literally every piece of guidance and big ensemble support....this has been on the radar for days already too and it's a larger scale type system that is benefiting from a giant large scale ridge and associated large scale downstream trough. The only question is we're still figuring out where in a 200 mile wide zone this may track....but I'm not worried about losing this to Bermuda at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

If the volatility / explosive deepening does indeed verify, which seems more likely than not, I would expect the slowing / stalling to actually occur a bit earlier than being model.  I would hedge the slowing and explosive deepening occurring a tad further south of where it is modeled.  

It actually usually verifies a bit later than modeled.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

Violently agree

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Noise ...

But jesus - if this N/stream modulation were to be real AND the tucking SW boots more east...

I was thinking the same thing...if this is the old Euro bias and that SW energy comes around the horn more quickly....this becomes a dangerous animal.  Sandy with tons of snow.

4 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Agreed with this...especially in such a volatile setup...they do tend to do the explosive deepening a tad earlier and subsequently occlude earlier. In this scenario the deform band will essentially sit an rot 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Jan 2015 and to a lesser degree, Feb 2013 both captured a bit later and further east than modeled.

Yeah I disrtinctly remember Feb '13 had a couple runs where it looked like we might get 40"+ over a large area because it stalled well into Saturday afternoon. But it ended up slipping a little northeast before it did that....2015 I feel like stalled "on time" but the system was a little bit east of some of the consensus...most glaring the Euro was too far west.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite unpinned this topic