Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

4 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'm thinking my met in Connecticut is riding the GFS camp. His forecast right now for Monday is heavy snow turning into Heavy Rain with a couple of inches of snow... But he did say at the end that things could change as there are still 4/5 days until this storm. Not looking at the ensembles I guess

:ee:

• Haha 9

13 minutes ago, George001 said:

I never met him in person but I was lurking here for years, and really enjoyed his posts. Man, I ****ing miss him. 

He had the same positivity and youthful exuberance as you do. Sure we ribbed on him for thinking every sw traversing over the gulf stream had blizzard potential but that’s what we do around here. Jan15 for EMA is written down in the amwx history books as the “ain’t happening James” storm where he took scooter to the woodshed, burned his shit streaked undies, and stole his red tag. 

It’s good to have you around…if nothing else, I have all the Costanza gifs and pics on standby to clown on you with (all in good fun).

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Rgem doesn’t go out far enough but the Friday storm hangs back this run and the southern shortwave sped up vs 18z. So that combo would def make it eastward. We’ll see if those are real trends or just false flags by the JV team. 

I'll take whatever I can get, at this point.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Rgem doesn’t go out far enough but the Friday storm hangs back this run and the southern shortwave sped up vs 18z. So that combo would def make it eastward. We’ll see if those are real trends or just false flags by the JV team. 

Hey man… sometimes we need a callup to varsity because of injuries or covid, and they end up having a career game.

Heh. Like I said a couple pgs back I’m pretty sure the west over compensating likely ended and we start the collapse SE.  

there’s lots of theoretical/physical arguments why that should be the case etc etc. But we’ll see -it may take some time to get on board