Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

Heh, Brooklynwx99 beat me to it -

yeah, don't worry about that run..  Not sure folks are getting the message:  follow the ens mean, and have fun with the op runs. Not the other way around.

I mean, sometimes ...yeah, the op's can lock in?  24 hours ago they had virtually nothing... so this isn't really one of those circumstances

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the GEFS actually has stronger confluent flow over the NE than 12z… this will allow for a farther SE track even if the shortwave is more amplified

09944368-46B0-45EB-9C92-E6F8A4674D51.thumb.gif.917c3fcd522f376e984391a7282e181d.gifCA690914-2767-44BB-97FB-FFA473F646EF.thumb.gif.e520aa0adb2c9ebc00dd58a7b2b5714f.gif

the GEFS, as a result, shows that the OP remains a significant western outlier. the vast majority of the members are near or just inside the BM. even the most W members aren’t really close to PA where the OP had it

F0E86157-FC8F-4FC3-B7E0-90E9F10ADA89.thumb.png.c2b9ab46b2dd3773ae84b074d4e0549c.png

Great points. Thanks. Love the great meteorology that you imploy.  These are the important take-aways. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

39 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This thing'll be congrats E MA by Friday. The inland track is a major outlier. The "pounds SNE" track is much, much more common from these coastals.

This looks to have more of a trajectory that gains latitude so even if E MA does well I think this will go into the Gulf of Maine and still be good for your area over to Maine…not one of those redevelopers where it squirts east after reaching near the benchmark or ACK. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This looks to have more of a trajectory that gains latitude so even if E MA does well I think this will go into the Gulf of Maine and still be good for your area over to Maine…not one of those redevelopers where it squirts east after reaching near the benchmark or ACK. 

Yeah, This does not have the ENE slider look to it at all as depicted, I feel pretty good on this one.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Thats 10 pm Sunday night right? 

Really? That seems a lil early no? 

It’s trucking along. Whenever it hits, rain or snow, it will be in and out. Unless the initial sw escapes east and the trailing vort tugs it back west and effectively slows it down some, we probably won’t see huge numbers outside of the resorts. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, This does not have the ENE slider look to it at all as depicted, I feel pretty good on this one.

It’s been a while since we had a crusher for your area and SNE at the same time but they actually historically aren’t uncommon at all…just been getting screwed recently, lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It’s been a while since we had a crusher for your area and SNE at the same time but they actually historically aren’t uncommon at all…just been getting screwed recently, lol. 

Yeah,  More often then not, If the Mid Atlantic and NY or even BOS are getting snow, I generally know where i stand in that, Last weekend was the ENE track so sitting back here at 44/70 is not a good place for that if its close to the BM or just SE of it, That's why where this one is doesn't bother me any, Even if it tracks NE we would do well.

56 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yea, it's not getting shunted.

35 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s trucking along. Whenever it hits, rain or snow, it will be in and out. Unless the initial sw escapes east and the trailing vort tugs it back west and effectively slows it down some, we probably won’t see huge numbers outside of the resorts. 

Lol.. This past storm dropped 14” in 6 hours 

• Weenie 1