Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

39 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s trucking along. Whenever it hits, rain or snow, it will be in and out. Unless the initial sw escapes east and the trailing vort tugs it back west and effectively slows it down some, we probably won’t see huge numbers outside of the resorts. 

Hmm?  Tip seems to think this “Could” slow down some as we go forward (obviously not a guarantee).   And it’s potential area expansion could make it last longer due to that as well.  But we all know that you don’t need a long duration storm to get big totals Luke.  Ya just need rates.  

Who knows how this potential will play out? Could be a big dud, or rain on us. But At least it’s a great signal and something to track.  Should be a fun 4 or 5 days of tracking upcoming at least.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hmm?  Tip seems to think this “Could” slow down some as we go forward (obviously not a guarantee).   And it’s potential area expansion could make it last longer due to that as well.  But we all know that you don’t need a long duration storm to get big totals Luke.  Ya just need rates.  

Who knows how this potential will play out? Could be a big dud, or rain on us. But At least it’s a great signal and something to track.  Should be a fun 4 or 5 days of tracking upcoming at least.  

Yup. Rates and dynamics over duration for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s been a while since we had a crusher for your area and SNE at the same time but they actually historically aren’t uncommon at all…just been getting screwed recently, lol. 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Yeah,  More often then not, If the Mid Atlantic and NY or even BOS are getting snow, I generally know where i stand in that, Last weekend was the ENE track so sitting back here at 44/70 is not a good place for that if its close to the BM or just SE of it, That's why where this one is doesn't bother me any, Even if it tracks NE we would do well.

Let's Jan 2011 fun for all

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

27" despite being clipped with the dry slot. Awesome storm. Not a slow mover either, as I recall.

Yup, it was moving along decently. That was a great one.

Funny, the 11th of January was a Tuesday in 2011, and today is the 11th of January, and it’s a Tuesday too in 2022, and it’s exactly 11tears later . Pretty cool. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup, it was moving along decently. That was a great one.

Funny, the 11th of January was a Tuesday in 2011, and today is the 11th of January, and it’s a Tuesday too in 2022, and it’s exactly 11tears later . Pretty cool. 

I just posted a radar grab in the memories thread. It was awesome, especially coming tight on the heals of that Norlun.

• Like 1