Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

43 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Sitting outside waiting for the new happy hour King GooFuS. How are my I-95 corridor flurries looking? :lol:

Oh. OBS. I’m cold but who cares. Beer warms…

227F99D8-38C4-4867-B0C9-4EF5D749AEC8.jpeg

That place in crown has some great beers, cannot lie! Always see a crowd outside of it. 

Uhhhh as for OBS… 37 and overcast here in Rockville.

21 minutes ago, jayyy said:

To put this question in common folk terminology, why is the 18z GFS so moist? Big punch from the WAA or is it the coastal?  

I’ll tell you what stuck out to me when I searched for that answer. Gfs has a much more consolidated and vigorous vort max and because it’s associated with the primary it causes that to be the focus of amplification and associated banding vs transfer to the coastal secondary. Other guidance has a less focused vort with several weaker vorts that fails to support the primary enough to stave off energy transfer to the coastal, which is what causes the relative qpf minimum across our area.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I’ll tell you what stuck out to me when I searched for that answer. Gfs has a much more consolidated and vigorous vort max and because it’s associated with the primary it causes that to be the focus of amplification and associated banding vs transfer to the coastal secondary. Other guidance has a less focused vort with several weaker vorts that fails to support the primary enough to stave off energy transfer to the coastal, which is what causes the relative qpf minimum across our area.   

Just the person I was hoping would answer my question. Thanks man