joxey
January 3 CAPE Storm

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That was before the Euro took a step toward the GFS. He will sending out an ALEET any minute now since the Euro moved. :)

Yeah it’s kinda funny that the GFS is crap to him but he won’t ever say the euro moved toward it. 

We know the GFS snow map is totally overdone tho

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Told ya. Bwahahahaha!

It’s hard to tell if his main issue is just the raw snowfall output or the actual evolution at 500/surface that the GFS is showing.  He makes it seem (in the last image), that his main issue is verbatim trusting the 10:1 snowfall maps in this setup vs precip getting into the cities.  ETA:  Anyone trusting the 10:1 maps in this is fraught for disappointment IMO.

Just now, nj2va said:

It’s hard to tell if his main issue is just the raw snowfall output or the actual evolution at 500/surface that the GFS is showing.  He makes it seem (in the last image), that his main issue is verbatim trusting the 10:1 snowfall maps in this setup vs precip getting into the cities.

Yeah. I deleted the post because it was the one already being referenced. He has a point in his last update about the wet ground and warm temps having an effect on any accumulations. I like to jab at him because he has blocked me on just about every platform he is on. But the guy knows more about NE snowstorms than I could ever hope to know. He knows his shit. The problem is he is a shit about the way he talks to people. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I don’t know how to post the animation here but looping the last 6 runs of the Euro at 500 shows a definite adjustment on the Euro in slowing down the SS vort and actually closes it off at 500.  

image.thumb.png.27e86eac0f529c5d00fb1fe80f2db9dc.png

I think what’s slowing it is now it isn’t being pushed along by the ns. That’s the key feature with this I do believe 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. I deleted the post because it was the one already being referenced. He has a point in his last update about the wet ground and warm temps having an effect on any accumulations. I like to jab at him because he has blocked me on just about every platform he is on. But the guy knows more about NE snowstorms than I could ever hope to know. He knows his shit. The problem is he is a shit about the way he talks to people. 

He’s been wrong a bunch too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I think what’s slowing it is now it isn’t being pushed along by the ns. That’s the key feature with this I do believe 

Yep, allows the SS vort to amplify enough for us.  It’s not a surprise looking at the 500 trend on the Euro that its slowly been correcting n/nw with the surface/precip.

Good to see the EUro somewhat on board.   I still want to wait for 00z before getting too excited.  I've seen occasional run cycles where all guidance hiccups, and shows something odd before reverting back 6hrs later.  This did seem like a pretty big jump from whats been shown the past several days.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic