Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

Just now, snowfan said:

Since when does most of the general public not like snow?

Anyone that has to drive in it.  You can be the best driver with a properly equipped vehicle but it's a hornet's nest out there with numerous drivers around you that should have stayed home! ;)

People that have to shovel it.
People that attend events that get canceled due to it.
People shopping for food dealing with idiots running the stores for milk, bread, eggs, and TP whenever they hear a chance of snow or one of Tom Tasselmyer's woody woodpecker forecasts! :P
People that enjoy outdoors when it's over seventy degrees Fahrenheit.
People that work in small retail shops/lounges/bars with high amount of foot traffic off parking lot and dark flooring.  The salt laden water dries and has to be mopped frequently so it doesn't look like some unkempt beach house! :P

Post War Grand Boomers whose joints ache most days if they're outside north of the twenty eighty parallel.
Yorkshire Terrier owners! :P
Anyone struggling with high heating bills definitely isn't going to enjoy cold weather too!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Since when does most of the general public not like snow?

I don't hate it. I grew up in an area that got it's fair share. As a kid loved it, as an adult I am ok with it until it is lingering and gets looking all nasty. Then I am done with it. Oh and I am done with any snow that falls after the end of February. 

Just now, Mrs.J said:

I don't hate it. I grew up in an area that got it's fair share. As a kid loved it, as an adult I am ok with it until it is lingering and gets looking all nasty. Then I am done with it. Oh and I am done with any snow that falls after the end of February. 

This is a well thought out take. And reasonable!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Anyone that has to drive in it.  You can be the best driver with a properly equipped vehicle but it's a hornet's nest out there with numerous drivers around you that should have stayed home! ;)

People that have to shovel it.
People that attend events that get canceled due to it.
People shopping for food dealing with idiots running the stores for milk, bread, eggs, and TP whenever they hear a chance of snow or one of Tom Tasselmyer's woody woodpecker forecasts! :P
People that enjoy outdoors when it's over seventy degrees Fahrenheit.
People that work in small retail shops/lounges/bars with high amount of foot traffic off parking lot and dark flooring.  The salt laden water dries and has to be mopped frequently so it doesn't look like some unkempt beach house! :P

Post War Grand Boomers whose joints ache most days if they're outside north of the twenty eighty parallel.
Yorkshire Terrier owners! :P
Anyone struggling with high heating bills definitely isn't going to enjoy cold weather too!

All of those people should live in Miami or Scottsdale.

9 minutes ago, snowfan said:

All of those people should live in Miami or Scottsdale.

Perhaps but I get sick and tired of people complaining about how cold winter is or snow - blah blah blah.

Just like the whining here when there is no snow.  The solution is the same!  MOVE!  I wouldn't mind moving to a place that gets more snow, at least 100% probability of a White Christmas.  Problem is I don't like the bitter cold (below zero F with no wind) too much.  Here I ride ATVs when working outside.  There it would be snowmobiles.  Which is very cool (literally) but I want summer too. 

My wants are a paradox with most, however.  As I get older I'm becoming more intolerant of heat, especially humidity.  70F dewpoints and higher completely intolerable.

I like wind and/or storm events that knock out the power but not for too long.  Of course, as Mister Murphy dictates, the longer sprints without utility power always occur when my wife is amidst a baking/cooking spree AND the laundry hampers are overflowing.  See we use standby and backup generators here and can live off grid for quite a while if needed.  And that's fine and dandy but generator power is about a dollar a kilowatt hour vs. 3 to 13 cents depending on if the sun shines or not.

I'd love to be a lighthouse keeper in Ireland.  All sorts of weather and sound. 

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

At the bears game tonight with my 7 year old son.

Bears up 2 - 0 after one and already had a  glove dropping so far with a big skirmish at the end of the period. Might be fire works in the second.

Have fun!  I’m forced to watch the Pens tonight on TNT while I wait for the Caps next game on Friday.

5 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I mentioned that the axis of snow felt reminiscent of a random snowstorm accum map I saw from 95-96, and I just now found the match. Hmmmm

e713c80ce40aa81e056ffc43960c7847.png.1d1fa1e3d920973c41e341bad73f18d8.png

The northern cutoff is drastically different but ofc you can't have it all

I can confirm the NW extent wasn't the same.:lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

About to pop this open.

Perennial Coffee Stout (2020 Dark Matter Coffee) – CraftShack - Buy craft  beer online.

I was on the eastern shore by the way New Year’s Eve weekend..went to Dewey Beer co for the fist time. They had a cookie imperial stout that was good and went to Revelation Brewing. They had a Makers Mark bourbon barrel aged beer that was solid too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

I was on the eastern shore by the way New Year’s Eve weekend..went to Dewey Beer co for the fist time. They had a cookie imperial stout that was good and went to Revelation Brewing. They had a Makers Mark bourbon barrel aged beer that was solid too 

ever try their Secret Machine? 

• mappy unpinned this topic