Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

15 minutes ago, mattie g said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ppv2ezf61ier2vkqbs

This sub has some of the best analysis and knowledgeable posters but we suck at not feeding trolls. Way to many people engage…and others get emotional and leave because of them.  I’ll post a snarky comment for fun sometimes but that’s it.  For those that are bothered by it I wish they could just learn how to use the ignore feature. 

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

I know I shouldn't let that post stay but goddamn that was a great old man tells kid to turn that music down rant

If either of them had clocked a .25 with the last storm I would understand the frustration, but…they need to reserve the unhinged rants and profane drive-bys to those of us who are nurturing a proper snow screwing explosion…

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This sub has some of the best analysis and knowledgeable posters but we suck at not feeding trolls. Way to many people engage…and others get emotional and leave because of them.  I’ll post a snarky comment for fun sometimes but that’s it.  For those that are bothered by it I wish they could just learn how to use the ignore feature. 

Totally agreed. My ignore list is full from the years of being around here, and I may very well be on others' ignore lists since I generally fun around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Totally agreed. My ignore list is full from the years of being around here, and I may very well be on others' ignore lists since I generally fun around.

you know what I love. That I can't be put on ignore 

• Haha 2

Just now, mattie g said:

My ignore list is long too.  Of course, @psuhoffman is correct about people engaging in dialog, so I get to see just about every post anyway when it's quoted.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

My ignore list is long too.  Of course, @psuhoffman is correct about people engaging in dialog, so I get to see just about every post anyway when it's quoted.

Drives me nuts. I've been on other boards that block any and all mention of - and content from - folks you put on ignore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

Spicy!! I like it..

Unfortunately you're confusing me with someone who cares about your nonsense posts.. I was making a joke - sun angle vs moon angle given this is happening at night.

Don't forget to take your Geritol!

Don’t forget to take your antibuse and I could put out all the details and then some pearl clutches would flock to the rescue.

All I want to do is to discuss weather. You feel empowered to chide and deride because it amuses you. That’s a sickness.

so Mods and fellow posters. Do you want weather discussion, even if it does not fit into the model vein always, or do you want back and forth nastiness disguised as “funny” when that is not the the real intent.  The intent is ill will and I’m more than willing to respond to that.  Or we can make our weather observations in peace.  Don’t be a self absorbed ass and there is no response from me.  I Never Instigate. But, try and stab  me and you get shot and can cry about my “overreaction” all you want

Ball is in all of your and  Moderators court. 

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Well we know you feel entitled to your snarky but how about instead of expecting people to put you on ignore, and effectively hide like a safe space , that you just be a decent human and not snark out on those who dont do things they way you do?

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

You just have a different view on the weather and how you do your analysis, its more old school. Nothing wrong with that, people who aren't familiar with that probably think your a cook (pronounced kook). Regardless, thats an opinion, and I don't mind what you do. 

I hope you realize these moderators aren't going to do anything to help you, especially since you took the uber aggressive route to a post from Yeo that was more passive aggressive than anything. For the new posters on the board, they wouldn't even realize what he was saying had anything to do with you. 

This is a weather board of hobbyists. We don't need babysitters, and these moderators only want to be that when they need to be. Keep that in mind. 

Explain this part for me.

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Best @Yeomanpost ever was when he called that guy Ten Inch Johnson. :lol:

Tenman Johnson, never forget him. Same with @needbiggerboat that night he got super drunk and I'm not sure we've ever heard from him since. Actually, do you remember when it was posted that Tenman was Weather53? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Well we know you feel entitled to your snarky but how about instead of expecting people to put you on ignore, and effectively hide like a safe space , that you just be a decent human and not snark out on those who dont do things they way you do?

A little while ago I apologized to you for my unnecessarily antagonistic posts towards you in the past. And I’ve not been hostile with you since.   I’m trying to grow and mature. Better late than never. 

I still disagree with some of your opinions but you aren’t a troll and I can disagree and debate in a more respectful way.  Trolls are different.  They aren’t making posts in an intellectually honest way. They’re just trying to annoy. Yeoman is trying to get under your skin and you’re letting him. And the harsh reality is there are lots of people like that and they aren’t all going to just leave you alone so best to either learn to dish it back and have fun with it or just ignore them. You can’t “win” with someone whose goal is just to annoy you. 

48 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

You just have a different view on the weather and how you do your analysis, its more old school. Nothing wrong with that, people who aren't familiar with that probably think your a cook (pronounced kook). Regardless, thats an opinion, and I don't mind what you do. 

I hope you realize these moderators aren't going to do anything to help you, especially since you took the uber aggressive route to a post from Yeo that was more passive aggressive than anything. For the new posters on the board, they wouldn't even realize what he was saying had anything to do with you. 

This is a weather board of hobbyists. We don't need babysitters, and these moderators only want to be that when they need to be. Keep that in mind. 

Very very good stuff and I agree with all of it except the “overreaction” characterization.  Don’t start in on me and you won’t hear a peep in response.

I nailed this last storm well in advance and that really irritates some because, as you stated perfectly, my analysis methods involved decades of record keeping diaries from the 60s into 80’s before models were readily available. It has served me well and kept me engaged with many weather services businesses outside of this board.  So a piss ass pot shot taker .will be responded   to by me .  Or his jollies can be sought  elsewhere and not at my expense nor thus boards expense unless you all enjoy this shit. 

So I will simply be a continued non tradition forecaster and enjoy it until the barbs fly again. I won’t slink off to the “ignore ” Like I’ve said, the ball is in a court that’s not mine. I fully desire amicable exchange of information and opinion. I don’t find juvenile jerk “fun making” of any use here . 

• mappy unpinned this topic