Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I wonder if the 89 bust is the one I remember vividly from childhood. Remember being convinced of a snowday for the next day and woke up to clear blue sky. I was so so mad and dejected that day. 

89 had the greatest bust for me. Forecast in swva was for 18” of snow. Early December. Result: not a single flake.

20 hours ago, nj2va said:

Named after Paul Kocin and Louis Uccellini - literally wrote a textbook on patterns that lead to major east coast storms.  They’re The Godfathers of east coast blizzards basically.

https://www.amazon.com/Northeast-Snowstorms-1-2-Set/dp/1878220640

Yes, I have these. Still pull them out from time to time when the winter turns crappy to relive the 'good ones'.

13 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I'd like to make an announcement to my fellow ultra nature connect snow freaks.. I'm officially back in the swamp of AA County. No snow on Parrs Ridge was worth the living hell of a relationship I fell into. Anyway..

1/8/22 season totals

Parrs Ridge 4.6

Gambrills MD 14.3

The signs from the snow gods are undeniable. I'll take my 33 and rain while the fall line points west get powder then live the way I was. Right now I'm looking at a beautiful snowpack right here in the sleety, swampy lowlands of AA County. I love bay county just as much as the highlands. MD is an awesome state. 

Peach and love,  friends 

Daniel 

Next observation will be from my home in the swampy lowlands of bay county. It's been a rocking January here in the swamps. Here's to a much deserved rocking winter to us lowlanders. Three more inches and I crack climo. 

Welcome back. 

my neighborhood’s water is out, that’s a new life wrinkle.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I'd like to make an announcement to my fellow ultra nature connect snow freaks.. I'm officially back in the swamp of AA County.

You mean as in: "Back visiting the swamp of AA county." or "I've officially moved back to the swamp of AA county." ?

6 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I wonder if the 89 bust is the one I remember vividly from childhood. Remember being convinced of a snowday for the next day and woke up to clear blue sky. I was so so mad and dejected that day. 

Didn’t realize it was a bust down here, as well. All Philly mets were honking huge storm for us, but we totally whiffed. As PSU mentioned (and as I saw with my own eyes), it was a big’un at the Shore.

35 minutes ago, Scraff said:

My own personal mindset on the upcoming pattern:

Unfortunately I missed the dueling 2010 beasts. Damn kids and the Disney World trip! LOL. I remember being on my BlackBerry (while waiting in line for Its a Small World) scrolling our forums and just dying inside as the excitement level was off the charts. We got home the end of that week to see the apocalyptic snow bombs that went off. Thank god my neighbors shoveled us a walkway to my house. It was effing nuts. Anyway—the point of my dumb story—I’ve been saying and praying since then that I hoped to get a second chance to live that all over again. So I’m rooting for dueling HECS damn it!  That’s it. Hope you enjoyed wasting your time reading this stupid non-meteorological post. :lol:

319FA761-DB0A-4C12-A0E4-E0E589F5C99C.jpeg

... And this is the story of why Scraff despises Disney World. Childhood robbed from him. :P

• Haha 1

Good thing we had snow last week and have potential coming up...makes the torturous end to this Ravens season a little more bearable. 

On its face...it feels unfair...UNLESS we win the Superbowl next year. No other outcome will make sense as to why we had to endure all this adversity this year, getting to a miraculous 8-3, and then lose out. Gotta be a bigger reason--we did not deserve this. 

This season was the equivalent of somebody tying both hands and one leg behind our back and telling us to play, smh. Literally handicapped...and became further handicapped as the season went on, culminating in the one thing we could least afford to happen: Lamar Jackson getting hurt (and on a PASSING play at that).

Again, a healthy Ravens team can make a run...I know it. They got the heart--they never ever gave up no matter what the circumstance. That's an intangible that wins championships. Just get a new OC and pieces for the OL...and there's no telling where we can go. And again...perhaps all this is for a bigger purpose--GO RAVENS!!!

Vikings fumble in OT in fg position against the Bengals. Miss a GW fg against the Cardinals. Lose to Dallas on a last minute TD. Blow a big lead against the Ravens and lose in OT. Lose to Detroit on the last play. That's 13-4 yall can shut up

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Vikings fumble in OT in fg position against the Bengals. Miss a GW fg against the Cardinals. Lose to Dallas on a last minute TD. Blow a big lead against the Ravens and lose in OT. Lose to Detroit on the last play. That's 13-4 yall can shut up

Man that's nothing. Ain't no team gone through what the Ravens have gone through this year, imo

3 minutes ago, Jersey Andrew said:

Imagine being a Washington Football Team fan seeing our once proud Redskins franchise deteriorate into mediocrity. Am 44 years old now and saw 3 Super Bowl wins in ‘82, ‘87, ‘91. Nothing at all since the 8th grade.

Could be worse.  You could be a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs, a team which hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 1967; the 1966-67 season was the last with the NHL only having 6 teams (the following season the league doubled in size and 5 of the 6 new teams are still in existence:  The Blues, the Flyers, the Penguins, the Kings, and the Minnesota North Stars, since relocated to Dallas).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Man that's nothing. Ain't no team gone through what the Ravens have gone through this year, imo

Vikings had the lead in every game but two and 14 of the 17 games were one score games. Don't be such a homer just because your coach made 2 boneheaded calls for 2 pt conversions. If you want to talk injuries then ok ravens win. I said 2 years ago that Lamar was on track to be Robert Griffen III I'm feeling pretty good about that prediction plus whatever bowel issue he has. I'm calling diverticulitis 

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Vikings had the lead in every game but two and 14 of the 17 games were one score games. Don't be such a homer just because your coach made 2 boneheaded calls for 2 pt conversions. If you want to talk injuries then ok ravens win. I said 2 years ago the Lamar was on track to be Robert Griffen the III I'm feeling pretty good abthat prediction plus whatever bowel issue he has. I'm calling diverticulitis 

Number of days until Zimmer is fired?

• mappy unpinned this topic