Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Vikings had the lead in every game but two and 14 of the 17 games were one score games. Don't be such a homer just because your coach made 2 boneheaded calls for 2 pt conversions. If you want to talk injuries then ok ravens win. I said 2 years ago the Lamar was on track to be Robert Griffen the III I'm feeling pretty good abthat prediction plus whatever bowel issue he has. I'm calling diverticulitis 

1) The 2 pt conversions weren't the only thing that sunk us

2) Yes injuries...KEY injuries--sevee from the START of the season. And throughout the season--the impact that has on the game is incomparable, imo.

3) How do you know it's a bowel issue?

4) RG3? Dude he throws better and is overall better than he is. Not to mention RG3 barely lasted 2 seasons as a starter...and never got MVP. Not saying Lamar is the BEST passer, but a heck of a lot better than RG3. And let's not even compare wins and losses.

5) This is Lamar's FIRST injury that made him miss games. Durable otherwise...

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

1) The 2 pt conversions weren't the only thing that sunk us

2) Yes injuries...KEY injuries--sevee from the START of the season. And throughout the season--the impact that has on the game is incomparable, imo.

3) How do you know it's a bowel issue?

4) RG3? Dude he throws better and is overall better than he is. Not to mention RG3 barely lasted 2 seasons as a starter...and never got MVP. Not saying Lamar is the BEST passer, but a heck of a lot better than RG3. And let's not even compare wins and losses.

5) This is Lamar's FIRST injury that made him miss games. Durable otherwise...

Of course I don't know it's a bowel issue but why else does an otherwise healthy young man miss so many non injury related games? Not comparing the talent level between Bobby triple sticks and leemar just the flight path they both are taking....check back in a bit. You're still a homer basing your opinions on emotion 

13 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Of course I don't know it's a bowel issue but why else does an otherwise healthy young man miss so many non injury related games? Not comparing the talent level between Bobby triple sticks and leemar just the flight path they both are taking....check back in a bit. You're still a homer basing your opinions on emotion 

And you're not a homer? Lol

8 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

And you're not a homer? Lol

Of course I am but that's why I recognized your teams injury woes but if you're talking straight up game after game heartbreak homer or no the tail of the tape says the Vikings sucked monkey butt.

55 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Vikings fumble in OT in fg position against the Bengals. Miss a GW fg against the Cardinals. Lose to Dallas on a last minute TD. Blow a big lead against the Ravens and lose in OT. Lose to Detroit on the last play. That's 13-4 yall can shut up

-1 point differential and 8-9.  They are who they are.  Zimmer firing probably gets announced tomorrow.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Aaaaaand…ignored.

Must be a first...getting ignored in a banter thread.  Sorry to trigger you.   I only post when offering OBS from Barnegat Bay ttpicallty, a location that is very relevant for the MA threads... go easy, guy. 

While clamming on the blowout low tide today, the surface water temp was 33.7 predawn and warmed to 35.1 at 1300.  The flood tide brought in water to 42.7 and sxhoolie stripers are still running out front.  Point being, the nearshore ocean temps have dropped 2.5 degrees in 5 days up here, despite some eddies being washed into the nearshore.  An amazing amount of warmth to work with still off the delmarva.  Fun times in this pattern.  Have a good one. 

22 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Made my big post from @jonjons place Stumptown Ales. Really awesome place.  Anyone in the Davis area should stop in.

Ended up skiing Timberline today. Snowshoe never got western territory open. Not sure why. Kinda annoyed. They posted that it would be open this weekend earlier in the week but then went silent and stopped talking about it or updating then just didn’t open. I don’t mind that things changed. It happens although after cold all week and 14” not sure why.  But to go silent and not explain is inexcusable Imo, especially when that’s their best terrain and likely a deciding factor for any advanced skiers trying to plan a weekend. 

But had a great time at Timberline instead. Conditions were great and the new owners seem to know what their doing. Even had just enough snow to pop into the trees a bit. 

Sorry I missed you.  Glad you stopped in!!

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic