• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I like where we are right now I'll have to look closer when I can get on a pc but I thought the 6z hrrr and 3knam look great for ct. Nam was paltry qpf wise but not really worried.  4-8 for most of CT seems pretty reasonable. Could forsee a stripe of 8-10 in e CT. 

There’s going to be some pretty intense snow in that band for a while I think. Question is how long the good banding lasts…that’ll be the difference between advisory snow and solid warning snows. 

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s going to be some pretty intense snow in that band for a while I think. Question is how long the good banding lasts…that’ll be the difference between advisory snow and solid warning snows. 

I can't speak for recent models i.e. 0z/6z but when I looked at 12z gfs/Nam I noticed the dgz was pretty narrow and realitively low with the best lift above it. At least for the CT sites I looked at. I saw a post from oceanstwx about it earlier. What are your thoughts? I imagine the better runs like the 3k Nam and hrrr look better. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhineasC said:

LOL don't spike the football yet. 06z could cause a fumble.

We generally get a good idea 100hr out... Then a waffle in between... Then a day or so before it comes back to a solution... Seems to always be similar process to that... I think that's why you saw a lot of high giving by some of the more seasoned posters. 

Anyone else noticed that almost all NCEP data has halted at 12Z for NAM/GFS/HRRR. All the sites that have graphics for these models seem to be working fine but everything that has point data, bufkit data, banding hasnt updated since 12Z in most cases.

BUFKIT data is all stopped around 12Z: PSU Bufkit Data Distribution

Coolwx has nothing for the HRRR/NAM/GFS since 12Z, GFS has 00Z but no 18Z NCEP Model Time-Series (BUFR) Forecast Hourly Weather Data (coolwx.com)

this site i use for banding hasnt updated NAM since 12Z moe.met.fsu.edu/banding/

Also i noticed when i click on TT for a sounding it says "model run not available" even though the graphics are available.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m pretty surprised and disappointed west trends didn’t materialize. I think we are out of time. This event is what it is at this point 

I wake up, see this post and think everything went to crap. I then see I’m under a WSW for 5-8” and WeatherBug shows 6-10”. I go back a page and see that the GFS is a good storm. Man, we need to be more positive. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic