Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Wow that has the coldest air in the hemisphere over the Carolinas.Wow that has the coldest air in the hemisphere over the Carolinas.

Greatest anomaly ... relative to climo as it were.   Not cold - but I think that's what you meant.

Anyway, La Nina this or that aside ..that's about the best your ever gong to see  300 hour ens mean.  In fact, typically by that long lead we end up with spaghetti that averages more annular looks.  That's sick structure for this range ... but one with an aspect ratio, proportional to the endearing winter enthusiast, being the best part  lol.

2 hours ago, George001 said:

The models at 500 are getting closer and closer to a phase with the northern stream, which would drastically increase the ceiling of this storm if it happens. The extremely powerful southern energy is already producing a big storm farther south on its own, but if the northern stream phases in? That would cause the low to undergo rapid cyclogenesis, and the low would indeed move north and west as it deepens, in my opinion more than any model is projecting. This close in I’m looking at the obs, and it looks like the precip out west is more expansive than the models suggested, which indicates possible initialization errors, with the models underestimating the strength of the southern low. This is why I don’t think even areas as far north as southern NH and Maine are out of the woods just yet (for a couple inches, not a big storm, due to fast flow there would be a limit). The earlier than expected deepening of the southern low and the slightly slower progression of it would give the northern stream a little bit more time to phase in, which would cause the trough to go negative, and cause the precip shield to expand more over all of eastern mass. This would result in many areas expected to get a coating or even nothing getting hammered with heavy snow, possibly over a foot. It is no guarantee, but I do think the probability of an earlier phase is much higher than the models suggest right now based on obs and the pattern in place. All it would take is one 30-40 mile adjustment north, which isn’t much at all. 

Just say "no".....

• Like 2