Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I could see that in Baltimore, but then they will have QPF issues. Just so many ways to fail down there.

The ICON modeled snow amounts (derived by the model…not vendor algorithms) has been 3-6”. I’ve seen that model underestimate amounts before, but I agree with you that I’d take the under on most of these clown maps.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, George001 said:

I still think Boston is getting more snow than DC from this one. Im convinced we see another big north shift tomorrow, the trough looks like it’s more neutral than the guidance currently had it. That is a really good sign.

I read what you wrote earlier today.

The NAM shift for 00z was absolutely jarring, to say nothing of the SREF stuff.

i know the odds are against it with what is on the table but…

I still think significant snow is possible as far NW as a NYC/Norwich/Warwick/Plymouth line. 

Unfortunately I live significantly NW of that line and it’s highly unlikely I will see much more than an inch or two and that’s if the NW trend continues and verifies.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I still think significant snow is possible as far NW as a NYC/Norwich/Warwick line. 

Unfortunately I live significantly NW of that line and it’s highly unlikely I will see much more than an inch or two and that’s if the NW trend continues and verifies.

Where are you? Tolland? I'm in Plainville. If I see a dusting.. I'd be surprised

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I still think significant snow is possible as far NW as a NYC/Norwich/Warwick line. 

You probably don’t even see that.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s 59 in RIC, now 49 at BWI/DCA, 59 at WAL.    If I were one of the weenies there I wouldn’t have a warm and fuzzy feel.   My call is no one in the cities of RIC/DCA/BWI exceeds 4 inches.

Snow depth change products are all around 4 to 5 inches for those cities. Might be better between RIC and DCA, like CHO, where 6+ is being hit a little harder.

3 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Better chance of seeing this tomorrow.

Han-Palace.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He’s in windham or willimantic I think. None of us are seeing anything. If we lived in New Haven or Groton maybe we’d see a few flakes. But not up this way. 

Odds are you’re right… but all it would take is a 30 to 50 mile shift northwest overnight… it’s showing signs of its potency already and that can make it tuck. 

• Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I still think significant snow is possible as far NW as a NYC/Norwich/Warwick/Plymouth line. 

Yeah it’s no guarantee but this reminds me of last December where Binghamton NY was forecasted like 2-4 the night before and ended up with 40. It’s a different pattern so it won’t get that far north and even jackpot areas aren’t even getting half that, but I’m still optimistic that it can get far enough north to give my area a plowable snowfall. I do still think Friday will be the bigger storm, and that one looks like it will be the opposite, farther north areas do better with rain snow lines being an issue for coastal areas.

• Weenie 2

16 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah it’s no guarantee but this reminds me of last December where Binghamton NY was forecasted like 2-4 the night before and ended up with 40. It’s a different pattern so it won’t get that far north and even jackpot areas aren’t even getting half that, but I’m still optimistic that it can get far enough north to give my area a plowable snowfall. I do still think Friday will be the bigger storm, and that one looks like it will be the opposite, farther north areas do better with rain snow lines being an issue for coastal areas.

The F*cki** 00z GFS

A34ABF48-1F96-40ED-B492-831ED2707950.jpeg

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Tick north 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I will saw this may be the only storm I’ve ever seen with a great H5 RH look overhead and dry at 700. That’s rather strange. 

Can that fill in? That’s what the GFS kind of looks like. It’s potency forces it further north and west than it’s supposed to go, but a shallow dry layer eats into the QPF.