Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

25 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Interesting.  In year's past, I've given more credit to NAM within a shorter range.  

Yea I have no clue what happened to it after the upgrade but I remember back to the days with the SREF’s when they were juiced up and the NAM was about to come out watch out! Now it is beyond paltry. 

Now with 2m temps and ice storms all day still 

• Like 1

Buddy - I assume you are referring to a NAM upgrade a few years back, right?  Nowadays, it does have some moments where it is skimpy on precip in the 2-3 day range like this, but seems like in other cases it is more in line with the other models...and it still tends to be over amped with precip once it clues in...agree? 

For Sun-Mon, the cold air is coming from the top down, so stating the obvious, but the stronger and farther south this gets in the mid & upper levels, the better for cold air.  Precip rate is important as well for getting a changeover.  Still an evolving situation.  I swear, we've had 3 or 4 of these rain to snow setups in a row over the past few years.  Crappy setups really, but what can you do (better than nothing)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, griteater said:

Buddy - I assume you are referring to a NAM upgrade a few years back, right?  Nowadays, it does have some moments where it is skimpy on precip in the 2-3 day range like this, but seems like in other cases it is more in line with the other models...and it still tends to be over amped with precip once it clues in...agree? 

Yes exactly :)

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic