• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

Want everyone to see this. So Nashville is getting a once in a two-three year snow today (or five year? i don't know nashville). 4 days ago the GFS had a cold, dry overcast day today. Over the course, the GFS evolved from that to the robust snow solution we see today. Just highlighting typical GFS behavior and if you ever wonder why nobody freaks out when the globals lose the storm a couple of days beforehand...this is why.

1131932402_gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh6_trend(3).thumb.gif.012686af82f7d36d286dd94d0438f95b.gifI hac

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

That is a horrible thing to believe in  :P  

Snow is starting to feel like Santa or the Easter Bunny when you are like 7 or 8 years old. You start to realize something doesn't add up and you just don't believe its real anymore.. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Snow is starting to feel like Santa or the Easter Bunny when you are like 7 or 8 years old. You start to realize something doesn't add up and you just don't believe its real anymore.. 

I feel your pain  :(  I know better than to believe snow on a map until I can see the whites of its eyes, but this is the best looking pattern we've seen since '18. I honestly believe we will cash in. Keep your chin up grasshopper, the snow drought will soon be a memory :wub:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I get the negative feelings but I Agree whole heartily with Buckeyefan1.

The next few weeks r the best pattern we have had since Dec 18.

In which I got 6 inches.

It doesn't mean it's going to snow but,

No matter the pattern it all comes down to timing.

I'll take the pattern that's being shown and hope we get lucky on timing.

I think a lot on this board will be happy by the middle part of Feb.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Latest Euro ensembles had two big dogs for NC and the rest had nothing outside the mountains around the 19th and 20th. Yesterday the GFS had a storm here during the same time frame. Maybe they are starting to sniff out something. 

U know business is picking up when u see Brick posting...

Things just got real ppl...

Good to see u man...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshM said:

When the big one comes you will be starting the thread! No ifs ands or buts.

In all honesty, I think I have only started one storm thread in the almost two decades I've been here. Probably less than 10 regular threads too. Ironically enough, it was in 2010  :lol:  

• Thanks 2

Biggest thing I’ve noticed is everyone being so stuck on a current pattern and calling a season great or dead.  Also people living and dying by 1 model run!  I’m not an expert by any means but the next few weeks show a glimmer of hope and whether we cash in or not remains to be seen but it’s the best I’ve seen in years!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic