Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Overunning Mixed Event 12/18-12/19/21

dryslot

31 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

34/24. Started as a burst of sleet but now nothing.  I’m N of Rt 2  so that’s not encouraging.

Sometimes it's not surprising to start as sleet because that warm layer aloft hasn't wetbulbed down yet. 

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We will compare once the finals are in. 7 inches is my max call

7 is probably the right higher end number.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I could see a flip to a little snizzle or light snow for most at some point. Maybe not much more than a coating though.

Yeah the NAM is still showing that IVT with moisture trapped below 800mb. Maybe some light snow or snizzle late overnight or early tomorrow. 

Def gonna have to watch for some black ice or a little glaze too. 

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

I like the snow depth map better. But I've like 4-6 for most of my CWA for the last couple of days.

ecmwf-deterministic-maine-snow_depth-991

We are in agreement. 3-7” or 4-8” splitting hairs.  Maybe a spot 8 or 9” Killington/Sugarbush at high elevation where they do SE blocked low level flow well.  Ludlow/Okemo too.

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You are being heckled because the notion of any locale in Mass being shut out with respect to seasonal snowfall within the next century is asinine.  No one is rebuking the idea of GW in an of itself.

I disagree entirely. It’s completely a possibility. These locations struggle profoundly some years to manage a few inches over the season. You’re absolutely kidding yourself if you don’t see that as a possibility. I never even said it would happen all the time. But it could easily happen at some point at least! I know my own kind of people here. People get defensive if something is suggested they don’t like. Nobody knows when exactly a local climate might be twisted enough to end up not getting significant snow all winter during a random and rogue year. But  I would bet money at some point in the next century that’s gonna happen somewhere in the cape and islands.

• Weenie 2