Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2021

George BM

52 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

That's awesome.  Makes me want to travel to see snow. I would consider western Maryland area like deep creek or close to there but even out there has been awful so far.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-120.20927810878491&lat=39.32670071841457#.YceYY2jMKUk

There was at least 10" still on the ground before this.

I am prepared to travel most of Jan and Feb. Hopefully wont have to go too far, but we shall see. 

Epic winter day here in Big Sky, Mt.  My current view!  Moderate to heavy snow,  Temps in low 20s and falling, winds gusting to 25 with 3-5” of snow expected today.  Tomorrow off to west Yellowstone, Mt in preparation for snowmobiling in Yellowstone on Tuesday.  Here is the forecast for Yellowstone!  Yikes!

78D45DB0-8A28-4041-A1D8-519F5926EC4F.jpeg

CE4FF730-059A-442D-BB78-32FCE0915F0F.jpeg

658F852A-A4CB-4E40-B076-CD8C334665DE.jpeg

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Epic winter day here in Big Sky, Mt.  My current view!  Moderate to heavy snow,  Temps in low 20s and falling, winds gusting to 25 with 3-5” of snow expected today.  Tomorrow off to west Yellowstone, Mt in preparation for snowmobiling in Yellowstone on Tuesday.  Here is the forecast for Yellowstone!  Yikes!

78D45DB0-8A28-4041-A1D8-519F5926EC4F.jpeg

CE4FF730-059A-442D-BB78-32FCE0915F0F.jpeg

658F852A-A4CB-4E40-B076-CD8C334665DE.jpeg

That's REAL winter right there. Love it. Enjoy! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Probably the worst start to local ski season I can remember. Not only is it too warm to make snow, the holiday week forecast is off and on rain all week. Big hit to the ski economy. Also feel for those who rented a place expecting a ski getaway.

Co-worker lost over 70,000 bees due to the temp swings. Total collapse of his colonies. 

• Sad 4

38 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Probably the worst start to local ski season I can remember. Not only is it too warm to make snow, the holiday week forecast is off and on rain all week. Big hit to the ski economy. Also feel for those who rented a place expecting a ski getaway.

I made the same comment to my partner as we stopped at the Shop n Save on 219 when we got here last night.  Just a terrible winter thus far for the ski resorts, especially this week when they typically do a sizable portion of their winter business.  

I’ve probably gotten like 5-6” for the season, most of which fell before Wisp actually opened.  At this rate, they’ll easily break the record for the lowest snowfall which is in the low 50s (1942). 

The only hope is that the Pacific stops being a dumpster fire quickly and they can salvage MLK and President’s weekends.  

56 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I made the same comment to my partner as we stopped at the Shop n Save on 219 when we got here last night.  Just a terrible winter thus far for the ski resorts, especially this week when they typically do a sizable portion of their winter business.  

I’ve probably gotten like 5-6” for the season, most of which fell before Wisp actually opened.  At this rate, they’ll easily break the record for the lowest snowfall which is in the low 50s (1942). 

The only hope is that the Pacific stops being a dumpster fire quickly and they can salvage MLK and President’s weekends.  

Don't worry.  If winter fails there is always spring.  Today it's kinda hard to tell the difference.  

I could see March being the snowiest month of the winter here (and elsewhere).

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic