• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

The thing about that 21/22nd system of great eye appeal is that the GFS just served us a ghoster earlier this month - lest we forget. 

Remember -

The Euro never had it...  The GFS, insistent spanning two or three consecutive days, pummeled us with a solid mid grade warning level snow storm/nor'easter ... waiting until 72 hours out to finally nod to the Euro taking too far SE to matter - and weaker, too.

This looks eerily similar to me.  Although the teleconnector footprint seems better this time, go - yeah..

Focus on the Saturday thing first.     

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The thing about that 21/22nd system of great eye appeal is that the GFS just served us a ghoster earlier this month - lest we forget. 

Remember -

The Euro never had it...  The GFS, insistent spanning two or three consecutive days, pummeled us with a solid mid grade warning level snow storm/nor'easter ... waiting until 72 hours out to finally nod to the Euro taking too far SE to matter - and weaker, too.

This looks eerily similar to me.  Although the teleconnector footprint seems better this time, go - yeah..

Focus on the Saturday thing first.     

At least the Euro has had this as a bomb in previous runs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Grinch very much alive and well on most of the operational models.I think this pattern change coming a little late for Christmas. Probably have to endure a couple grinches outside of far NNE before a better pattern closer to NYE for the rest of the region. 

Indeed. Everyone seems to be whistling past the graveyard for that particular time frame 

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Indeed. Everyone seems to be whistling past the graveyard for that particular time frame 

I don’t know, I think for C and S NE most realize it’s cutter city and above normal until closer to the late 20s of the month. Christmas looks fairly mild and potentially wet, but likely not white. 

14 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

I don’t know, I think for C and S NE most realize it’s cutter city and above normal until closer to the late 20s of the month. Christmas looks fairly mild and potentially wet, but likely not white. 

Cutters are def still possible right into late December but the pattern is colder than the one we’ve been in...so it’s also possible we end up on the colder/snowier side of things if we can get some good timing on a couple systems. 

I agree the pattern looks even better as we go into New Years...but sometimes we focus too much on perfection when merely “good” can often bring home the bacon. Patterns like Dec 2007 and Dec 2008 are good examples of that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's so refreshing not to be dealing with LBSW...nothing worse than having storms going through rigormortis by the time they arrive and taking sloppy seconds to Jersey. I can deal with losing out to Loon Mountain.

Or having a system raining to caribou Maine  while it snows cats and dogs in NYC…. I’d swan dive off my roof if we see that this year 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

When will our fellow NNE brethren start fearing suppression?

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's so refreshing not to be dealing with LBSW...nothing worse than having storms going through rigormortis by the time they arrive and taking sloppy seconds to Jersey. I can deal with losing out to Loon Mountain.

No one likes a load blown south of them.  Everyone likes loads to be blown on them I guess.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, dendrite said:

I figured this was heavily edited by you, but nope…it came right off of Freak’s fingertips. His wife just booked another trip to the tropics without him. 

I loved Ray's "LBSW".... figured that's what he meant.  We all know where we want the Mother Nature to leave the white stuff (I mean c'mon, it's too easy).

• Like 1