Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If this hooks into LI and NYC most of the area sees very little outside of CT and RI coasts. There is no ET transition and wind field is tight and not expanding.  Kind of yawn solution.

Subtle trend to have this inch even more west… we’ll take it. I don’t want a bunch of rain and don’t want to lose power.

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I know we talked about winds not being a big issue but the probs for tropical storm force, 50+ knot, and hurricane force are a bit uneasy.

also 2-4’ surge along CT shore… :yikes: and 3-5’ farther east. Can’t rule that out into the CT shore with a more west track either 

Just think of it as the best severe storm of the year :)

shear starting to relax.. looking better, inflow of storms forming to the west now.. should intensify  a good amount in my opinion the next 24 hours.  

Definitely  think this reaches cat 2 if not 3 but Definitely  weakens some before coming up here.. either way the general public is in for a surprise i think..

Recon currently doing the dropsonde/upper level sampling and low level recon is en route. 

Still a lot to be sorted out on final landfall location and nature of the turn toward the coast i.e. is there a loop like some guidance wants to do. That will make a big difference obviously on who sees the worst conditions. 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Would be big winds with that

Called it yesterday

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gives chills to see Cane watches for CT. There’s gonna be mass scrambling to get all those boats out of there by tomorrow night 

Those boaters should have listened to me 

14 hours ago, SandySurvivor said:

we have everything packed and ready to evacuate 

I expect impacts of worse than Sandy but not as severe as the 1938 storm 

13 hours ago, SandySurvivor said:

increasing chance ms someone sees an RFQ hit from CT/RI border north and east from there. 
Wouldn’t be surprised to see winds over 100mph from Providence thru Boston.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 13

Just my 2-cents, but way too much emphasis on every tiny track or intensity change on every 6 hour model run.  Not enough emphasis on the trends of the strength and physical layout of the west Atl. ridge to Henri's north and east, as well as the behavior of the OV upper level trough.  Henri does not exist in a vacuum.  It will only go where other large-scale features allow it to go.  Closely monitor the position and changes & pressure tendencies of the Atlantic ridge's isobaric pattern.  You have to continually ask yourself, does the modeled track make sense given the layout of the large-scale surface and upper air pressure / height pattern.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Just my 2-cents, but way too much emphasis on every tiny track or intensity change on every 6 hour model run.  Not enough emphasis on the trends of the strength and physical layout of the west Atl. ridge to Henri's north and east, as well as the behavior of the OV upper level trough.  Henri does not exist in a vacuum.  It will only go where other large-scale features allow it to go.  Closely monitor the position and changes & pressure tendencies of the Atlantic ridge's isobaric pattern.  You have to continually ask yourself, does the modeled track make sense given the layout of the large-scale surface and upper air pressure / height pattern.

I think we touched on that. Both the ridge to the east and trough to the west are not typical for us to get canes. So you don’t have that massive pressure gradient like in previous storms. So it’s sort of on its own as far as analogs. I think that is why wind field appears much tighter compared to other storms in the past. 

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic