Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Banter 2021

George BM

Happy birthday 007!

If you're looking for the Queen (Elsa) I hear she's looking for fish. ;)

There will be no wind nor severe in these woods for a very long time because I have finally caught up on most of the tree work.  But I can think of a lot of PIA situations where the weather can jack things up and you know what Mr. Murphy has to say about that! ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It is my birthday, weenies, and I demand that you celebrate this day with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one end of the Mid-Atlantic to the other.

I shall also accept payment via Venmo, and Bitcoin, and sudden rapid intensification of a tropical cyclone.

Happy Birthday! I ate a chocolate bar to celebrate with you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It is my birthday, weenies, and I demand that you celebrate this day with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one end of the Mid-Atlantic to the other.

I shall also accept payment via Venmo, and Bitcoin, and sudden rapid intensification of a tropical cyclone.

Hope it was a wonderful birthday!

20 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Oh man. Just now seeing this. Happy Birthday Don!! Hope it was awesome my man B)

• Thanks 1

Just got back from the 10 days in northern Michigan. If you are ever looking for a quiet out of the way vacation -- I cannot recommend Beaver Island highly enough. Especially ESPECIALLY if you have dogs who like the water.  Island is 30 miles NW of Charlevoix, Michigan in the middle of Lake Michigan. Reachable by ferry or a short plane flight.  We went by ferry so we could get the car over there. 13 miles long, most of the shoreline was white sand beach.  Almost all of it accessible to the public and walkable.  Could have the dog off leash almost everywhere without a second thought. Just 600 residents on the island year round - but still several restaurants and pubs including a brewery. And a good grocery. It was heaven. Just seven days of reading, hiking, and staring at the water from the beach. Temps ranged from 65-74 during the day and 52-60 at night. Was almost cool - felt guilty about that given that the pacific NW was boiling at the time as were folks here.  And oh my word, if you like star gazing, the island is extraordinary for that.  We kayaked in the bays in Lake Michigan. Could have rented boats/jet skis. A TON of fishing (inland lakes and out on Lake Michigan) if that's your jam. It was insanely perfect. 

https://www.beaverisland.org/

Thus endeth my unsolicited interlude about Beaver Island. But, seriously, it was fantastic. 

( I would inflict a few pics on you but no matter what I do - they post sideways) 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Probably gonna die tonight.  Divisional relays swim meet.  Nice knowing you all.

Are you timing/judging?

We have relay carnival tonight, too, but it's not at our place so we can wander around. 8-year-old is only swimming the free relay, but we'll probably end up sticking around for a bit.

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Are you timing/judging?

We have relay carnival tonight, too, but it's not at our place so we can wander around. 8-year-old is only swimming the free relay, but we'll probably end up sticking around for a bit.

Was asked by my team rep to be Chief Timer for relays since I do that for our normal A/B meets.  So I get to be large and in charge for all timers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, H2O said:

We've had 4 triples so far this season.  Breaks any previous years totals.  Thats a good sign for winter, right?

Maybe it means we suck less than last year.

Four triples is impressive. I haven't volunteered for anything this year since mrs g is running concessions. I do enough to help with that and I have to keep tabs on the 3-year-old during meets - no way can I do anything else.

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Not sure. The God of War and Vengeance might know.

Ye shall be warm and wet and sad

7 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Maybe it means we suck less than last year.

Four triples is impressive. I haven't volunteered for anything this year since mrs g is running concessions. I do enough to help with that and I have to keep tabs on the 3-year-old during meets - no way can I do anything else.

Kid duty is understandable.  And funny how spouses get roped into doing plenty for concessions when not even asked to help with concessions.  If you ever had to go into a restaurant depot for supplies I will gladly pay for your therapy after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Ye shall be warm and wet and sad

Kid duty is understandable.  And funny how spouses get roped into doing plenty for concessions when not even asked to help with concessions.  If you ever had to go into a restaurant depot for supplies I will gladly pay for your therapy after.

Multiple Costco runs per week for us, but I wonder if we could get an RD membership as concessions leads for a pool. Hmmm...

Yeah, helping with concessions pretty intense. Our pool is known for its concessions (especially our travelling tacos and breakfast burritos), and the wife has been in the pool house or in meetings for prep, execution, and clean up for upwards of 30 hours per week the last month. I've been making Costco and the random Giant/Safeway runs to help out. Nothing like when you realize 30 minutes before a B Meet that one major item was left off the list and you need to run out at the last minute to grab that one thing. Ugh... 

Cant relate to the swimming responblity, but Mr. Map volunteered to be the ball sports commissioner for our rec league a few years back when Mini-Map started playing tee ball. Its a super stressful position. So much to do ahead of the season, at the beginning of it, during, etc. Its a tough job for no pay, on his own time, etc. This year was especially rough as they managed covid guidelines and uncooperative parents/coaches. I wish parents/coaches respected these volunteers more. They are trying to do right by your kids! Stay respectful for goodness sakes. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic