Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July Banter 2021

George BM

12 hours ago, CAPE said:

Is it just me or is the new look really...white.

And bright.

Might have to adjust my screen settings a tad. :sun:

I’ve mentioned in the staff forum about a dark mode option 

36 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Apparently this was an "unplanned upgrade". I am sure it is a work in progress. Patience. It will all be ok.

Correct. The board needed to be upgraded a while ago due to a security thing, yesterday it happened unexpectedly. Kinks will be worked out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’ve mentioned in the staff forum about a dark mode option 

Correct. The board needed to be upgraded a while ago due to a security thing, yesterday it happened unexpectedly. Kinks will be worked out. 

Any discussion about the sidebar? That leaves a bunch of wasted, empty space on the right side once you scroll down past the topic stats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Anyone have an idea on why A-10s are flying back and forth over N Balt Co? Four of them flying north then turning around and flying south. They’ve passed overhead numerous times really low 

Not uncommon. Likely A-10 thunderbolts from the 175th wing of the NG based at warfield (on Martin state airport property). Prob associated w a holiday event and it goes towards training hours.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Anyone have an idea on why A-10s are flying back and forth over N Balt Co? Four of them flying north then turning around and flying south. They’ve passed overhead numerous times really low 

Suspect the flyovers are prep for the 4th of July celebrations.  Normal for them to do a few test runs to get their timing down on the final run so it coincides with the agenda, with close coordination from ATC at Dulles.  

Separately - thanks for the "why" on the upgrade.  Was just curious what prompted it and how the transition is going.  Don't care much about titles etc, but have been here since the beginning and with Eastern before since 97.  

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

It was nice knowing you

Ha, I’m still alive. Can’t get rid of me that easily 

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Flyover of a parade I assume. They came by here a little while ago.

53 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Not uncommon. Likely A-10 thunderbolts from the 175th wing of the NG based at warfield (on Martin state airport property). Prob associated w a holiday event and it goes towards training hours.

Thanks, local Facebook page suspects it’s from Towson’s parade earlier. 

43 minutes ago, RDM said:

Suspect the flyovers are prep for the 4th of July celebrations.  Normal for them to do a few test runs to get their timing down on the final run so it coincides with the agenda, with close coordination from ATC at Dulles.  

Separately - thanks for the "why" on the upgrade.  Was just curious what prompted it and how the transition is going.  Don't care much about titles etc, but have been here since the beginning and with Eastern before since 97.  

Not sure what prompted it, I believe it needed to be done a while ago but didn’t happen. Then some security alert, nothing serious, so the board was updated. Not sure about rewards and achievements if they can be turned off. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Any discussion about the sidebar? That leaves a bunch of wasted, empty space on the right side once you scroll down past the topic stats. 

I mentioned it, others aren’t a fan either. I’m sure they will look into it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I mentioned it, others aren’t a fan either. I’m sure they will look into it 

How is this site developed?  Do they use some sort of forum service that they "brand"/"customize" as american weather or does someone develop/ maintain the code for all of this?

I think the update looks sharp, and usually people hate change online.

This isn’t specific to this site, but the board software overall - too much wasted space on mobile.  If I go to a thread, I have to scroll to see any content, even on an iPhone 12 max.  

The notification drop down is on its own line, as is the thread creator.  But the member statistics being up top really doesn’t make any sense given the amount of space it takes up.

FD15A8D4-8532-45ED-9072-054792A53DC2.thumb.png.2b8e5885ee4040d8ea89ee80ea9cb8cf.png

50 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

How is this site developed?  Do they use some sort of forum service that they "brand"/"customize" as american weather or does someone develop/ maintain the code for all of this?

If you look at the bottom of the page, it's "Powered by Invision Community".  I participate on a few other websites that use Invision and they've had upgrades recently, some more well-received than others.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic