Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

What is wrong with this species. Please please please go Aliens. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/us/arizona-tucson-deadly-rampage-shooting-fire/index.html

Good morning CW after reading this article and listening to the daily NYC shootings list, I believe Mr Barry McGuire’s could easily update his timely 1965 Eve Of Destruction Lyrics. One of the lines that need not be changed is the one with the phrase “and you don’t believe”. As always ….

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nah, it is far more likely their society suffered the same Universal kill-switch that will inevitably befall Humanity, too.  They managed to trip the switch and cease to exist, long before ever reaching the necessary god-like technological achievement to make passive or silent co-invasive habitation, or even just observance, possible.

I know..  I know.  What about the Drake Equation this,     or      'if it happened once it happens all the time' that -

The problem with "Drake equation" is that it's mathematics is to argumentative to be ... a mathematical description. Not for what it espouses to, or attempts to describe.  No.  It misses destructive interference factors, or 'denominator mechanics'.  Like, it needs to multiple that entire sequence of products by empirically derived/observable time bombs.     1/ ( ... reason to fail and die), relevant to every individual term.

As for the, 'it happens once...' narrative - it hasn't actually happened even once.  Dreary assessment of Humanity's fate aside ... despite any conceptions in conceit of whatever it is we think we are of our selves,    ... we ain't it.   We are a stage 0 civilization on the 1 to 5 scale of advance.  Yup ...we don't even register in the competition - probably because we consider it a competition for starters.  

Reasons to fail and end timelines get thrown at civilizations. It appears to be built in.  Those that are 'up and comers,'  they all must experiment through their own evolutionary process - but therein is a huge catch-22.  As the power to advance up the scale is achieved, that means a given civilization survived the failures.  Evolution is an iterative experimental journey - inherently, that cannot be otherwise.  A failure at incomprehensible scales of power becomes intrinsically self-annihilating, long before the infinity can be contained.  There is a bottle-neck of "forgiveness" that ends up too narrow to allow the advance beyond a certain point.  

This appears to be some sort of a Universal modulator or "stop control," a universal "kill switch" ( think there is a sci fi book called that). For lack of better whimsy, a cosmological constant of death lurks in the destiny formula of all sufficiently advancing civilities. One of the notes in the music is wired with a detonator, just waiting to resolve at some point along the Grand Staff.  It's just a matter of time before the term or factor is struck,  

- poof

Why is it there?  Who knows.  Perhaps it is there by design.  Huh. Like by an ego-centric agency ... to prevent competition from below, while protecting their anonymity. I like that, actually.  Because it is very human.  Butchering the Catholic Bible ... 'We are materialized from the dust; and to the dust we shall return' - I am not religious.  It seems apropos is all... but that of the cosmos, we therefore probably share something in common with it.

Maybe all we are is an excessively primitive variation of the greatest fault there is:  God 

Good morning Tip. Even from dust our species can rise. So what’s the good news? As always ….

22 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Tip. Even from dust our species can rise. So what’s the good news? As always ….

Heh... the religiosity shit is tongue-in cheek ( sorta).   The main point is the catch-22 ...  Probably just explains that "Fermi Paradox" stuff ... it's all out there. It's not novel thinking here. 

As far as god:  I'm not personally willing to ascribe to any religious doctrine - ever...  Human profundity is too shallow to plumb the infinite requirement in depth where any such truth is - maybe that is heaven (or hell). Maybe not. It is inherently a paradoxical/contradiction of terms that any doctrine born from that capacity can thus be able to see in and espouse "truth" ... That's like asking a Chimpanzee to reconcile the two fundamental pillars of physics, QM and GR

But as that abstractly suggests, it does leave open possibilities?   At least that's what I mean. 

Part of the problem with Science is that it cannot ultimately rule out the possibility that some sort of super construct ( agency ...'god' .. whatever) isn't responsible for the Cosmos and the reality it contains.  In fact, the rules of science are IN said Cosmos and its reality, so, if there is a god, god is responsible. That's just logic.

Anyway, long of the short ... I'm amenable to the notion of some sort of super-sense that transcends the limited scope of Human math and science and empirical perceptions might some how tie-in meaning to all this, but I am equally open to the notion that there isn't either.   But I personally do not believe whatever that is, is contained in any human systemic definition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dan11295 said:

Schools should definitely be in person. Primarily and secondary especially. So many kids have fallen behind on development already. 

In Mass, DESE and the governor have already stated there will be no remote options available (thank goodness) other than the two that have existed for a number of years.

I don't see that changing 

Maybe this was the genius of the cabals intent and design all along ... built into their formulaic 'population correction model'

Half the people walking the planet and carrying signs at Trump rallies appear unable, either way ... struggle with inability to be owners of the brain boxes that evolution provided them, and refuse 'the cure'.

The cabal created a Darwinian correction model that mechanically needs these types to work. 

Yeah ... that's saving the planet what ?   3 or even 5 billion in carbon integrated per capita right there. 

F'n morons..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We were always due for a recession. We are on the 2nd longest bull run in history. I expect a 10-15% correction within 2 years. The entire market is propped up by the US government printing money. That is not a way to improve an economy long term. Its a shot of adrenaline and nothing more. 

You know how this will probably play out today, after all the retail idiots that were leveraged long get liquidated, the institutions will come in this afternoon scooping up bargains and cut the market losses in half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

@WhitinsvilleWX just spit up his morning coffee. If MA communities start reimposing mask orders, Cambridge will be one of the first!

I may have to eat my words, but I don’t see it. There’s no state of emergency. Even the Cambridge city manager said they would be hard pressed to keep a mask order in place once Baker lifted the mandate back in May and let the state of emergency expire June 15. 
California’s state of emergency is still in effect, so cities can impose restrictions if they like. New York’s emergency order is expired too. About all they can do is “recommend”,

The DESE has been pretty clear. No masks in the fall. 
All the saber rattling by the APS and others is an attempt to cajole people to get vaxed and vax the kids. In other words, get vaxed or we’ll mask you up and lock you down again.  Trouble is they can’t do it. Only the politicians can. And they don’t have the stomach to do it, with a few exceptions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I may have to eat my words, but I don’t see it. There’s no state of emergency. Even the Cambridge city manager said they would be hard pressed to keep a mask order in place once Baker lifted the mandate back in May and let the state of emergency expire June 15. 
California’s state of emergency is still in effect, so cities can impose restrictions if they like. New York’s emergency order is expired too. About all they can do is “recommend”,

The DESE has been pretty clear. No masks in the fall. 
All the saber rattling by the APS and others is an attempt to cajole people to get vaxed and vax the kids. In other words, get vaxed or we’ll mask you up and lock you down again.  Trouble is they can’t do it. Only the politicians can. And they don’t have the stomach to do it, with a few exceptions. 

Sick of this mask bs. Vaccines been out now. Get it or dont. Lets move on.

It makes me wish i never got the vaccine. And if there is a booster they can keep it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1