Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, 512high said:

only 1/2 game ahead I think, hope for a win......

Yeah, need wins.  Almost scary starting with an 8-0 lead.  As a pitcher your mentality has to change or relax, can see it being hard to focus in a state of bewilderment.  The Jay's lineup can score quickly too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds like you need to fake a positive test to stay there longer.  Just call the boss and say yeah, they tested me but I'm going to need to chill here on the beach for another 10 days.  You'd almost think your boss would want proof of a positive test :lol:.

You just know someone has gamed the system like that. COVID is a very reliable excuse to get out of basically anything. It literally got people out of jail. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You just know someone has gamed the system like that. COVID is a very reliable excuse to get out of basically anything. It literally got people out of jail. 

Ha for sure… you aren’t living if you haven’t lied to an employer at some point in your life for extra time off on a trip.  I remember in my 20s spending an extra couple days with a girlfriend alone on her father’s boat sitting in a harbor in Newport (or Jamestown RI) because of a “car issue” and the mechanic said it’d be a “day or two to get the part.” :lol: 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Oh yeah, last winter we had some kid working at the brewery, he was actually a great worker, call in one day and said he tested positive.  Never heard from him again but I know he’s OK because I’ve seen him around town.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Red Sox... 3 home runs (including a Grand Slam) in the 1st inning so far.  8-0 top of the 1st inning.  And still going.

Feels good after that Yankee series.

Those lights are pretty horrendous. I guess they’re going back to Rogers Center at the end of the month. Limited people in the stands.

Santana just hit one into center. That 5 so far. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Oh yeah, last winter we had some kid working at the brewery, he was actually a great worker, call in one day and said he tested positive.  Never heard from him again but I know he’s OK because I’ve seen him around town.

I always thought it would be cool to work at one. Whats it like? Just making beer?

23 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Those lights are pretty horrendous. I guess they’re going back to Rogers Center at the end of the month. Limited people in the stands.

Santana just hit one into center. That 5 so far. 

That was close… a grand slam there by Vladdy Jr makes that game interesting again.

Like I said… It was too early to start alarming because of the Yankees series… when it was quagmired with bad weather this and suspect “committee efforts” on the part of the umpiring staff that … the whole way thru. 

Sometimes the tides can turn because of something that happens in the game itself but that whole thing was being bombarded by circumstances from the outside in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, natedizel said:

I always thought it would be cool to work at one. Whats it like? Just making beer?

Well, that is a complicated question.   I was, for quite a while, generally only responsible for making sure stores bought the beer and it got to where it needed to go.  So, sales and distribution manger. Then when the lock downs came and we lost staff, including our head brewer, I got physically involved in the brewing process. Hard work and not glamorous but it's a hands on product so ultimately satisfying.  Being north of 50 lets just say my body and I are glad we are back to where we have been able to hire new assistant brewer.  Lol

A small craft brewery is not just making beer but doing all of the packaging, keg washing / filling and delivering.  So, there are lots of side jobs in the brewing process. Brew days are complicated with many steps.  I would be happy to go through it all in detail in a later post but I will be making a video in a few weeks so that will be on youtube. 

The short answer to your question is that working in the right brewery can be really fun, even if the pay scale isn't great.  I won't lie, sometimes you are literally getting paid and encouraged by the boss to drink fresh delicious beer.  Quality control is essential.  ;  )

• Like 7

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Well, that is a complicated question.   I was, for quite a while, generally only responsible for making sure stores bought the beer and it got to where it needed to go.  So, sales and distribution manger. Then when the lock downs came and we lost staff, including our head brewer, I got physically involved in the brewing process. Hard work and not glamorous but it's a hands on product so ultimately satisfying.  Being north of 50 lets just say my body and I are glad we are back to where we have been able to hire new assistant brewer.  Lol

A small craft brewery is not just making beer but doing all of the packaging, keg washing / filling and delivering.  So, there are lots of side jobs in the brewing process. Brew days are complicated with many steps.  I would be happy to go through it all in detail in a later post but I will be making a video in a few weeks so that will be on youtube. 

The short answer to your question is that working in the right brewery can be really fun, even if the pay scale isn't great.  I won't lie, sometimes you are literally getting paid and encouraged by the boss to drink fresh delicious beer.  Quality control is essential.  ;  )

Thats sounds cool. Post up the video when its done. Would love to see it.

9 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Seeing my friend run his brewery was crazy,  Lots of menial tasks, cleaning being a huge part of it.   I haven't been there in a few years and they've grown substantially from where they so I'm sure his day to day tasks have changed since he has to run the business more and delegate the brewing.  I do know Covid dropped their sales by 50%, which forced a change in how they operate.  I don't think they ever laid off anyone.  They do a lot of sales now in food which helps immensely.  They'll be relocating their business in 1-2 yrs as the State/Feds are adding an interchange off i-93 that'll help alleviate the current exit and provide a more direct route into Derry.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Seeing my friend run his brewery was crazy,  Lots of menial tasks, cleaning being a huge part of it.   I haven't been there in a few years and they've grown substantially from where they so I'm sure his day to day tasks have changed since he has to run the business more and delegate the brewing.  I do know Covid dropped their sales by 50%, which forced a change in how they operate.  I don't think they ever laid off anyone.  They do a lot of sales now in food which helps immensely.  They'll be relocating their business in 1-2 yrs as the State/Feds are adding an interchange off i-93 that'll help alleviate the current exit and provide a more direct route into Derry.  

they have been talking about adding that exit literally since the early 90's.

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Norm!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, weathafella said:

Croatia actually sounds most interesting to me.   Western Europe gets old but never Paris.

I have been to Split. It was pretty awesome. I love that side of the Adriatic. Montenegro is awesome too.

Basically the same experience as being in Italy but much cheaper, less crowded, and the locals love tourists. Same food and climate too, basically. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

they have been talking about adding that exit literally since the early 90's.

Well it's happening.  The land they owned was taken by eminent domain and they were give a timeframe by which they needed to be vacated.  They are the only business left in their building.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

I have been to Split. It was pretty awesome. I love that side of the Adriatic. Montenegro is awesome too.

Basically the same experience as being in Italy but much cheaper, less crowded, and the locals love tourists. Same food and climate too, basically. 

That’s pretty much consensus of those who have been.   Next trip formulating....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s very weird over there.  I always thought of Australians as rebellious and cantankerous about rules etc.  nice enough people for sure but independent.   

I had the best vacation of my entire life in Sydney 20 years ago. The people there are incredibly friendly and kind 

• Like 1