Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Aussies are off their rockers telling people they can't talk to each other out in public.

Thats insane. Delta spreads 50-60% easier than the 1st strain but is only .20% deadly. About the same as the flu.

The orginal strain had a 1.9% death rate.

• Haha 1

The fact that Australia still has to lock down tight when the vaccines have been available to the developed world since January means their government failed them. People should be in the streets rioting to overturn their incompetent government instead of hiding in their homes over a small number of cases and barely any deaths.

This is like if the US government failed to keep maintaining the bridges and told everyone they needed to take boats instead. Would you meekly go out and take a ride in a dinghy or demand better from your government?

I agree with others saying they never took Aussies for being such compliant toads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The fact that Australia still has to lock down tight when the vaccines have been available to the developed world since January means their government failed them. People should be in the streets rioting to overturn their incompetent government instead of hiding in their homes over a small number of cases and barely any deaths.

This is like if the US government failed to keep maintaining the bridges and told everyone they needed to take boats instead. Would you meekly go out and take a ride in a dinghy or demand better from your government?

I agree with others saying they never took Aussies for being such compliant toads.

From what I have read they gambled on the Astra Zeneca one and not enough on the mRNA ones.   Oops

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

They’ve lost their bloody minds over there in Australia. Crikey.

The hilarious thing is, these intense lockdowns are doing nothing for them.

They essentially have a zero Covid policy. That’s not possible. If they continue that, the population will be locked down and masked up until Jesus returns. And if you don’t believe in Jesus, then it will be never. :)
Their death numbers are practically zero. 

The death numbers in the US are still pretty steady at around 250 per day. And I don’t believe those either. The actual number is south of that. We’re just going to have to learn to live with it. The best thing the government could do is stop reporting the damn positive cases every fooking day, stop the routine testing, and get on with life. If you’re sick, stay home. If you can’t breathe and feel like ass, go to the Emergency Department like you did when you had a bad case of flu you can’t shake.
And if you get vaxed, get the RNA vax. Astra Zeneca and to some extent J&J are not that effective. The unvaccinated are driving all of this. And the fear mongoring is an effort to get people scared enough to get a jab. But in all seriousness, people should get vaxed. The mRNA vaccines work.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

They essentially have a zero Covid policy. That’s not possible. If they continue that, the population will be locked down and masked up until Jesus returns. And if you don’t believe in Jesus, then it will be never. :)
Their death numbers are practically zero. 

The death numbers in the US are still pretty steady at around 250 per day. And I don’t believe those either. The actual number is south of that. We’re just going to have to learn to live with it. The best thing the government could do is stop reporting the damn positive cases every fooking day, stop the routine testing, and get on with life. If you’re sick, stay home. If you can’t breathe and feel like ass, go to the Emergency Department like you did when you had a bad case of flu you can’t shake.
And if you get vaxed, get the RNA vax. Astra Zeneca and to some extent J&J are not that effective. The unvaccinated are driving all of this. And the fear mongoring is an effort to get people scared enough to get a jab. But in all seriousness, people should get vaxed. The mRNA vaccines work.

I don't think the unvaccinated are really driving any increased death numbers. In the UK, 60% of the deaths from Delta have been the vaccinated (at least one shot):

A MailOnline headline on 13 June read: “Study shows 29% of the 42 people who have died after catching the new strain had BOTH vaccinations.” In Public Health England’s technical briefing on 25 June, that figure had risen to 43% (50 of 117), with the majority (60%) having received at least one dose.

https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/commentisfree/2021/jun/27/why-most-people-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I don't think the unvaccinated are really driving any increased death numbers. In the UK, 60% of the deaths from Delta have been the vaccinated (at least one shot):

https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/commentisfree/2021/jun/27/why-most-people-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated

Not taking about the UK. I couldnt care less about them. They used the Astra Zeneca vax mostly. It’s crap.
 In the US unvaxed are driving the increased cases. I know you’re an anti covid vaxer. So be it. But numbers don’t lie. Unvaxed are the majority of people getting it right now in the US. 
The problem with the ani vax folks is the more the virus spreads, the more it mutates. The more it mutates, the bigger the chance a mutant emerges that is truly vax resistant. And that’s a problem.  
Not sure why people don’t just get the damn shot. I truly don’t. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Not taking about the UK. I couldnt care less about them. They used the Astra Zeneca vax mostly. It’s crap.
 In the US unvaxed are driving the increased cases. I know you’re an anti covid vaxer. So be it. But numbers don’t lie. Unvaxed are the majority of people getting it right now in the US. 
The problem with the ani vax folks is the more the virus spreads, the more it mutates. The more it mutates, the bigger the chance a mutant emerges that is truly vax resistant. And that’s a problem.  

Unvaccinated people may be driving the casedemic. I could see that. If people still get worked up over cases, that's on them. I sure hope the kids get to have a normal school year, but the paranoid, selfish parents and unions probably won't let them.

Many of the dirty, plague-bearing unvaccinated people in this country have natural immunity, BTW. The more hysterically deranged and angry you vax people get in demanding we all get the jab or else the less we want it...

If the vaccines are not effective against these variants, just say so. The messaging out there is really confusing now. Are the vaccines still super effective or not? If they are, why do I need to get vaxxed? Just go get your booster and you will be fine. There are always going to be billions of people out there who are unvaccinated creating these deadly "variants." You do realize we can never possibly keep everyone vaxxed indefinitely, right? The whole mindset with this is so dumb. LOL

Regarding your last sentence, please talk to my wife.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Unvaccinated people may be driving the casedemic. I could see that. If people still get worked up over cases, that's on them. I sure hope the kids get to have a normal school year, but the paranoid, selfish parents and unions probably won't let them.

Many of the dirty, plague-bearing unvaccinated people in this country have natural immunity, BTW. The more hysterically deranged and angry you vax people get in demanding we all get the jab or else the less we want it...

If the vaccines are not effective against these variants, just say so. The messaging out there is really confusing now. Are the vaccines still super effective or not? If they are, why do I need to get vaxxed? Just go get your booster and you will be fine. There are always going to be billions of people out there who are unvaccinated creating these deadly "variants." You do realize we can never possibly keep everyone vaxxed indefinitely, right? The whole mindset with this is so dumb. LOL

Get vaxed, tell your friends. :)

• Haha 3

So then …. is this what it looks when we’ve entered the “ covid is never going away“ phase?

…. A realm where every little f-big itty-bitty nonlinear upward motion along a curve that is physically impossible to be flat, just so CNN gets to make another billion bucks out of blown-out-of-proportion, knee-jerk incendiary rabble rousing bullshit headline tsunami.
Got it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1