Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

7 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Well if they are asking you then…

Whole lot of fear out there. A bunch of people only got vaccinated because the man on TV told them to. They don't know anyone who actually got sick from COVID. They are desperate for someone to tell them the vaccine still works and they won't die, since the man on TV told them delta is deadly and killing even vaccinated people.

Whole lot of fear out there. A bunch of people only got vaccinated because the man on TV told them to. They don't know anyone who actually got sick from COVID. They are desperate for someone to tell them the vaccine still works and they won't die, since the man on TV told them delta is deadly and killing even vaccinated people.

Wow, feel bad for them.

4 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Yeah, I really did not feel this team can hang on for a full year. Maybe Sale gives them a boost but not sure they make the playoffs

Yeah, it’s a marathon not a sprint but I’m still a little perplexed about the meltdown.  Pitching and clutch hitting coming apart all at once. I’m hoping it’s just the inevitable swoon that most teams have at some point during the season and they get back on track.

10 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Yeah, I really did not feel this team can hang on for a full year. Maybe Sale gives them a boost but not sure they make the playoffs

They just stopped hitting in early July.  I think they made it work and they were occasionally getting some decent starting pitching and the bullpen held it together.  But since July 3rd they are 20th or worst in MLB in most batting categories.  That's over a full month now of bottom 30% in the league in hitting.

Scoring 6/7/8/9 runs a night can mask the pitching but once the core of the lineup went cold, you aren't going to win much by scoring fewer than 4 runs most of the time.  Bogaerts is hitting like .220 since July 1st.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

We Yanks

Total roll reversal from when you were breaking your TV remote like 3 weeks ago and we were crowd surfing.

This offense has completely shit the bed.  0 runs scored in the first game against the Blue Jays, lost 1-0.  Once again good pitching in this evening game from Houck so far but again the offense has scored zero runs in 4 innings. 

They can't hit a beachball at this point.

• Like 1

Swedish Professor Says 5 Shots Of COVID Vaccine May Be Necessary

Authored by Paul Joseph Watson via Summit News,

While many people have bragged about being “fully vaccinated” after taking two COVID-19 jabs, a Swedish professor says that as many as five shots may be needed to combat falling immunity.

Im all set

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

i dont believe you.  

3 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

He makes strawmen up constantly to get angry and have a cause to rally against.

Is part of your daily routine to come to the NE subforum and make lame posts obliquely directed at me? I'm sure they are talking about this in the PA subforum. Your post history says you never post at all on this forum expect to snipe at me in this forum. Go back to AP.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Pre-ordered Taylor Swift’s re-release of Red today!!! Being shipped November 19. Can’t wait 

She dropped Folklore and Evermore at midnight while I was working midnights and I didn't hate it. 

I always have been impressed with her songwriting, but I started listening to the Ringer Dish podcast covering all her albums and now I'm convinced she could take over the world if she wanted to.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, it’s a marathon not a sprint but I’m still a little perplexed about the meltdown.  Pitching and clutch hitting coming apart all at once. I’m hoping it’s just the inevitable swoon that most teams have at some point during the season and they get back on track.

11 runs in the last 7 games, cold bats. Xander is 4/22 (.181), Devers is 6/26 (.230), JD is 4/21 (.190) and now on the covid list.  It was bound to happen and I don't mind it in August as long as they wake up in September. Schwarber will help out. I'm not sure any team will hang with SF/LAD come October though.