• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

I don't have much to worry about for lawn, don't have a garden and am not connected to a golf course anymore so I'm not overly concerned but it has been bone dry around here. .18 today but it has remained cloudy and cool, it's currently 61.8°.  This is ideal summer weather for @ineedsnow but it sucks for us surface dwellers.

Edit to add: MPV was -1.82" in May and so far in June is -1.46".  Pretty soon this is what the road up to PF land will look like

image.jpeg.d8b490d6e6611bd8c1b5949ad6e9db9c.jpeg

• Haha 2

It's fascinating ( in an exceedingly tedious and excruciatingly nerdy aspect ), despite that Euro's hugely unrealistically deep anomaly it has evolving through southern Canada, which if one tracks back it's quite difficult to find enough momentous S/W mechanics that offers a source/orgin, the 850 mb temperatures can't get below 10 C from ORD-BOS ...

I also have trouble believing that a TC coming over land W of NOLA, then moving over 1,500 mile of land, will emerge near the Marva and suddenly become that intense in a bite water region that frankly won't be warm enough for the thermal engine of any tropical sounding when all that happens. 

We are just in a bizarre pattern incoming and every model is doing weird things - maybe because of that.

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Nosey me asks which river?  Not many allow a week's fishing unless one intends to stop for a day or two a couple times.  The two that come to mind are the Allagash and St. John, and for the latter I'll quote the "Franglese" of a former co-worker: "In Haugust I'm put my snowshoe on my feet and canoe on my back and walk down the river!"  For canoeing the St. John one should check the flow gauge at Dickey.  If it's under 3,000 cfs one best makes other plans.

Renting a house along the Ammonoosuc River with the family. Certainly, not an entire week dedicated to fishing, but hoping for a few solid periods where I plan to walk back and forth looking for a few fish.

9 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Renting a house along the Ammonoosuc River with the family. Certainly, not an entire week dedicated to fishing, but hoping for a few solid periods where I plan to walk back and forth looking for a few fish.

Nice places along the Ammo though the scenery and river are even more picturesque on the Wild Ammonoosuc, though the fish will be bigger and more varied on the Ammo, especially if there's no serious rain.  The smaller river drains very little wetland and no ponds beyond what a really ambitious beaver make, so it's apt to be a rock run with bits of water showing.  (My late parents retired in 1981 to Woodsville, NH, a bit downriver from where the Ammo enters the CT, hence my fleeting familiarity with the region.  Nice drive along the Wild Ammo to Kinsman Notch and Lost River Park if you want some variety.)