• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

April 15 16 Obs Thread

17 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Lol if someone posted a still shot from the BOX radar without a date on it, I'd probably guess it was from a dying cat 1 cane. Wild stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I wonder if it was at the Mountainside Cafe 

It says near Wachusett Reservation, another pic

20210416_163811.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It says near Wachusett Reservation, another pic

The reservation is the Auto Road entrance, so that would make it 1400’. Makes sense, 13” is a lot of snow. They had some snow in May up there last year.

• Like 1

@tamaracksnowing pretty good at SLoaf. They just announced ski and golf next weekend btw.

windy here in concord, ma - has been for last 2 hours.

flipped to some wet snow (white rain) in Portsmouth RI, 1.64 @ UUU storm total 35.6/34.8

1 hour ago, wxsniss said:

Fun event... NAM was excessive but had the right idea most of the way and before most other guidance

HRRR / RAP yesterday were spot on for 495 belt...

Almost to Plymouth Bay in her little loop...

20211061816_GOES16-ABI-ne-GEOCOLOR-1200x1200.thumb.jpeg.658086512ede88350aebdfd102601388.jpeg

Yeah it looks like the low got to around Plymouth, just NW of the Canal. The Euro/Navy/Canadian blend I use had the right idea, and I actually got the track of the low right in my forecast (I expected a low right over the outer cape). The model blend that I use did a great job, and is not why my forecast busted. I don’t blame the navy at all for my forecast busting, as models are tools to make forecasts, they aren’t meant to rip and read. My forecast busted because I interpreted the model data incorrectly, which is on me as the forecaster, not the Navy. I forecasted 8:1 ratios and missed a warm layer resulted in more rain and less snow, and once snow did come ratios werent even 4:1 never mind 8:1. The gfs, as usual was garbage with it constantly retrograding the low into Worcester (not even close, they got a solid snow storm there). This was a fun storm to track and I feel that I learned a lot from it, and I plan on using what I learned to make better forecasts in the future.

4 hours ago, TheSnowman said:

Well this sucks.  Only got 0.5” at Most and then melted away.  

ANOTHER Disgrace of a snowstorm in NE RI.  Even Western RI is doing well.  

Time to do a weenie drive at 2pm.  

It's April. What do you expect. Get real 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheSnowman said:

I have no time.  Have to go back and teach a lesson.  And AGAIN, like with Will. TELL me then.  

We need a thread for tips on roads in areas and special spots in New England.  

You've been on here for like 15 years lol, the special spots should be pretty obvious 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I feel like I'm on another planet in this storm. Kind of a surreal feeling. This must be what it feels like to be James...minus the novel writing.

You had a 30"er this season, I think you will be fine.

Just now, dryslot said:

You had a 30"er this season, I think you will be fine.

Trust me I love the outcome. I just mean it feels weird to have it snowing literally everywhere around me while I pour rain on the hill. Just kinda have to laugh. 

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Trust me I love the outcome. I just mean it feels weird to have it snowing literally everywhere around me while I pour rain on the hill. Just kinda have to laugh. 

I've laughed all winter, I didn't expect much here but its a pretty huge model bust as all except the Reggie had accumulating snow and we have nothing as well, Talked to some freinds of mine around here and its seems like 500' was the number for accumulating snow.