George BM

April Banter 2021

pfizer # 2 tomorrow...trying to figure out if i should swing by our vet's office afterwards to see if she can use her pet scanner to make sure the chip implanted successfully or if i need to go ahead and make an appointment at the genius bar

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

My wife also has Pfizer and she had very few side effects to either shot. But I have a weaker constitution so we’ll see :oldman:

I felt very few obvious effects after my second Pfizer. I got pretty tired about 12 hours after, had a slightly sore arm, and *maybe* a bit of a stiff neck and lower back the day after (which are symptoms I get when I get sick), but even those could have been from sleeping poorly. I got the shot on Friday morning, got banged up that evening, and was doing yardwork on Saturday.

Of course, on Sunday I googled whether the lack of side effects from the vaccine meant that it didn't work. :lol:

• Haha 2

Pfizer #1 yesterday. Today laying on the couch with a slight fever, aches, and a headache. But that could also be from the pollen. :fever:

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I felt very few obvious effects after my second Pfizer. I got pretty tired about 12 hours after, had a slightly sore arm, and *maybe* a bit of a stiff neck and lower back the day after (which are symptoms I get when I get sick), but even those could have been from sleeping poorly. I got the shot on Friday morning, got banged up that evening, and was doing yardwork on Saturday.

Of course, on Sunday I googled whether the lack of side effects from the vaccine meant that it didn't work. :lol:

I got as sick as I’ve been in 10 years after the second Pfizer shot. I don’t think all the whiskey I drank helped, but it was that day where the line at Six Flags was 4 miles long.  I left work around noon, drove to Six Flags, waited for three hours to get the shot, and drove home. Five hours in the car will make you want whiskey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Dude there’s no vaccine for being an O’s fan. That shit is terminal

Literally my first thought :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fourseasons said:

The ice cream truck is back.  The song playing right now is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. 

The ice cream truck came out to our neighborhood last week, timing it with Spring Break.  That seemed genius.

5 hours ago, fourseasons said:

The ice cream truck is back.  The song playing right now is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. 

The one that rolls through our neighborhood plays La Cuckaracha (sp)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!  Getting the shot in 6 hours.  JAB ME!!!

• Like 11

10 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The ice cream truck came out to our neighborhood last week, timing it with Spring Break.  That seemed genius.

8 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I remember the last ice cream truck that came through our neighborhood during a heat wave last August was blaring Jingle Bells and moved into Auld Lang Syne. Nothing says "Happy Holidays!" like a melting Bomb Pop.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

You ain't got no iiiiceeee creeeeam!

You can't afford it!

Its just sprinkles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Same! Jabbing appointment at 3pm! Can't wait to feel that needle in my arm full of covid fighting juice.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, H2O said:

It's quotes like these where the word "the" plays a pivotal role in conjecture lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

It's quotes like these where the word "the" plays a pivotal role in conjecture lol

Sorry.  I should have put JAB THE ME!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Good morning, Mrs J. Its probably the closest theme song available to announce the 17th year emergence. As always .....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

I remember the last ice cream truck that came through our neighborhood during a heat wave last August was blaring Jingle Bells and moved into Auld Lang Syne. Nothing says "Happy Holidays!" like a melting Bomb Pop.

Honest to goodness, it may be the same truck. 

13 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

All this discussion of ice cream trucks...just be sure to beware of this one: :lol:

That is the most of Minions I have ever seen.  Better to have watched it than to have texted my now-teenage nephew, who loved them when he was younger, to ask for an explanation and have him question my sanity.

Been almost 2 weeks since we got our second foster, and we have decided we will adopt him. Meet Ziggy! With his older brother (and foster, turn adopted pup) Ollie. 

EyiKaoqXMAMKKhZ.jpg

• Like 15

Good luck today to all you getting jabbed out there. I’ve been fully Pfizer'd up since mid March. Some chills that night after shot 2, but that was it. I’ll never forget jamming that day out in my car at Six Flags—Rage Against the Machine “Freedom” literally 2 minutes before getting that victory juice. B)

• Like 5