Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't understanding why places are doing this...like is offering free stuff really going to convince those that are hesitant to get the vaccine? I guess it might work for some people but doing something like this could easily backfire. Convince people with science...not smoothies and artery hardening crap 

I'm sure there are some lazy people who are not anti-vax, they just can't be bothered to make an appointment or go to the clinic. Maybe a free donut or milkshake will motivate them?

But yeah, that's a small percentage of people.

Just goes to show how little this "deadly pandemic" has actually affected most people. The biggest effects for most were from the disruptions to their daily lives. Vaccine doesn't prevent that.

If most people really felt this virus was a deadly threat, they'd be scaling the walls at the vaccine sites and storming the Pfizer HQ for more doses. You wouldn't need to offer free donuts to people. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, klw said:

584,000 deaths is US are attributed to COVID.  How many would you require to die to remove the quotation marks around "deadly pandemic?"

I am speaking from the perspective of the average Joe who needs to be offered a donut to get the vaccine for the virus.

Keep your moralizing to yourself, thanks. We all have our own personal take on this.

Edit: and it is false to say those deaths are all "attributed to COVID." Even the CDC does not assert that. They are deaths "with COVID."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Exactly.  I've never understood the attraction to noise makers like that.  Cans don't even improve performance on sleds. And it does annoy me that other loud crap doesn't get the same treatment as sleds do.

Yeah, Cans give you no performance gain, But i guess if it sounds loud you must be going faster..........lol, The moose don't care about the noise, They won't even get off the trail when your coming..............:(

Just now, dryslot said:

Yeah, Cans give you no performance gain, But i guess if it sounds loud you must be going faster..........lol, The moose don't care about the noise, They won't even get off the trail when your coming..............:(

It is always fun to be across from a lowered Honda Civic type car with a loud exhaust at a stoplight and then leave them in your minivan dust. LOL

16 minutes ago, klw said:

In a prior job a went to the scene of a motorcycle accident on a country road.  19 year old had gotten a motorcycle about a week earlier and was out riding with a couple of buddies.  They were doing about 90 when he failed to negotiate a bend in the road.  He went head first into a roadside boulder.  He slid a long way up the road where he lay dead and crumpled while the police did part of their investigation.  His parents eventually came to the scene and got to say goodbye to their son in the middle of the road.  I have only been on a bike twice in my life, never will again.  

I have been witness to some bad wrecks (Deaths) over the years on bikes and in vehicles, Something everyone can do without seeing.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It is always fun to be across from a lowered Honda Civic type car with a loud exhaust at a stoplight and then leave them in your minivan dust. LOL

Oh yeah, Don't want to leave out the suped up weed whackers out of this with the fart cans......................:lol:

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

cans are stupid. the mountain guys like them because the shave 1-2 lbs of weight off thier sled. yeah, like that matters. 

and none of them have mastered the art of a nice smooth throttle. I'll never understand that. it's kind of like the Harley guys who roll up to a stop light doing throttle blips. stupid and obnoxious.

9 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

cans are stupid. the mountain guys like them because the shave 1-2 lbs of weight off thier sled. yeah, like that matters. 

and none of them have mastered the art of a nice smooth throttle. I'll never understand that. it's kind of like the Harley guys who roll up to a stop light doing throttle blips. stupid and obnoxious.

My brother in law works at a harley dealership that's married to my younger sister, And my other brother in law that's married to my older one and i that hang out and ride with all the time asked Frank if they teach them when they buy a harley to do throttle blips at all the stop signs and red lights..........lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Breaking... BAKER mask update early next week

Indoor mask requirement is going to drop I bet...or at least he will announce a date in a very near future where it drops.

MA is dropping below 1% positivity rate and deaths are single digits.

you know it's funny ...

I check the "Worldometer" daily COVID cases ... if for morbid, just to see if there's any hope... (:lol:)  Yeah, the case loads are painfully slowly dropping as a longer termed trend. It's sort of 2 steps down, 1 step back up...3 steps down, 4 steps back up, 2 steps down two days in a row, 1 step back , 2 step down, 1 step back... 

But in the scalar daily numbers, we are this week showing more daily cases than we were BEFORE masks became a millionaire over night cottage industry. 

Yet, from meme to the IMC ( Industrial Media Complex) and in between there's now this wanton fervency for ridding of mask - 'just can't wait any longer' ?

We were not born with masks.  750,000 years of Human biological immune system evolution never needed them, otherwise, ...

As much as we conceit we are not apart of those natural signals ( called bow-wow instincts - yeah, ...we're all just sophisticated f'n dogs man), we are showing the instinct to 'get it off!'

Put a mask on a house cat and watch what it does ?   ...What we are doing now is just the sophisticated frantic swipe and churling mews ... it just happens to be spread out over a mere performance that makes us perpetuate our belief in control over our domain. 

Because in pure numbers, ...if it was enough to trigger the mask frenzy at the front side, we should be removing masks in 2034 - LOL.   Kidding of course... I mean, yeah - we know more about the transmission of this thing and have more empirical -based awareness of what it does at the individual level... integrating to the whole, that tends to assuage policies given time. sure.. But, you can't tell me this isn't hypocrisy to "get if off - I don't care what the cost," to some degree.