Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, PhineasC said:

LOL at actually thinking unvaccinated people are not already going to stores and are waiting for CDC approval.

What reality do you inhabit, exactly?

^Look at this Narc.. who would think unvaccinated people are not going in to stores or are waiting for CDC approval.  

44 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Guess comrade Mills is not going along with CDC guidelines. Masks aren't over yet:

While yes, the CDC has announced people vaccinated against COVID-19 can go without masks indoors and outdoors, Maine's indoor mask requirement remains in effect. However, on May 24, public indoor and outdoor capacity limits will be lifted and physical distancing requirements will be eased."

Follow the science!!!!! Except when we don’t.

My guess is Bakers announcement will be similar.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Thankfully we have the vaccine now for everyone who wants it.

I hope the people who are vaccinated do not pivot now to fear over variants. Been hearing that from some of the vaccinated folks in my family.

It is a shame the media hyped the "double mutant" variant talk so much to try to scare people into getting the vaccine. It appears it had more of an effect in making vaccinated people scared their vaccine will stop working.

I just look at the poop numbers and know we are done

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting.

VT just dropped mask mandates today at the 11am presser.  Following CDC.  

All travel guidance dropped too, not that anyone followed that since last fall.

I feel like nobody has followed the travel guidance that closely since the first wave back in spring (at least land travel....air travel has been different). Summer wasn't that weird around New England with people still doing most of their mountain/lake/beach vacations like normal. Only the restaurant industry was really different since many of them couldn't be open except for take out or outdoor seating.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like nobody has followed the travel guidance that closely since the first wave back in spring (at least land travel....air travel has been different). Summer wasn't that weird around New England with people still doing most of their mountain/lake/beach vacations like normal. Only the restaurant industry was really different since many of them couldn't be open except for take out or outdoor seating.

Agreed.  The waits for restaurants and stuff like the Gondola and Toll Road up here last July/August and fall foliage showed those did very little :lol:.  I mean who cares if you cross a state line, it was more about conditioning behavior... but you can drive 8 hours across New York State, but couldn’t go 60 minutes across a state line?  Stopping immediate areas in the spring made sense to get a handle on it... the whole flatten the curve idea, but they/state gov’ts got stuck in it.

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I went out to California last June, myself.

Didn't get sick. 

'Course ...'plane was only half full

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting.

VT just dropped mask mandates today at the 11am presser.  Following CDC.  

All travel guidance dropped too, not that anyone followed that since last fall.

Was just going to post this.  Sounded like they had been thinking of rolling stuff back soon anyway.

32 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Agreed.  My land abuts some land owned by the state.  There is a path that ATVs take and I am fine with them riding through, but when they start gunning the engines and doing donuts etc. it irks me.  Like I mentioned I haven't called the cops, but so close.  I don't feel that I can really go over to them and talk to them either.  They then go out onto our road and go to the enxt trail.

Not usually a big deal but sometimes.   

ATVs are not allowed on state land here.

22 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Thankfully we have the vaccine now for everyone who wants it.

I hope the people who are vaccinated do not pivot now to fear over variants. Been hearing that from some of the vaccinated folks in my family.

It is a shame the media hyped the "double mutant" variant talk so much to try to scare people into getting the vaccine. It appears it had more of an effect in making vaccinated people scared their vaccine will stop working.

Media Scared people in to getting the vaccine? Who the **** would solely run to get stuck because they heard "double mutant'  in the news.    You're narratives are wild bro.  

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Planes have been packed for months. No social distancing on any flight I have been on. That’s when I realized the “science guidance” from the politicians was all a bunch of BS. 

You must be flying in a Cessna.. keep trying.

just checked for seats to my flight to Orlando and the plane is half empty in June.

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

just checked for seats to my flight to Orlando and the plane is half empty in June.

I have flown Southwest to NH, MD, and FL at least 10 round trip flights since November and they have been packed every time. Not sure what a flight to Orlando from a month away means. There are like 20 flights a day from major airports to Orlando. Those planes will be full when they take off, or the flights get canceled and everyone stuffed on the next flight.

Just now, PhineasC said:

I have flown Southwest to NH, MD, and FL at least 10 round trip flights since November and they have been packed every time. Not sure what a flight to Orlando from a month away means. There are like 20 flights a day from major airports to Orlando. Those planes will be full when they take off, or the flights get canceled and everyone stuffed on the next flight.

Everyone is wearing masks. It's safe. Thank you masks. Also now, thank you vaccines. 

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Gonna laugh when you make some shocked post about airports not being deserted like the man on TV said they would be. LOL you’ll figure it out soon. 

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

i mean did folks not expect mandates to go away once cases dropped? remember, there is still the theory that allot of people got the virus that don't know about it.. add that to the vax population I would not be surprised if we are close to herd immunity..

None of you expected VT and MI to drop mandates today. Give me a break. Stop pretending this is all following the science.

• Like 1

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Without the vaccines and millions rolling up their sleeves, we’d be staring down the barrel at another dark summer with hundreds or thousands of Americans dying daily from COVID.  I’m thankful for the science and those that follow science. 

Will you take off your mask once MA lifts restrictions? Or waiting a bit?

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

would be from newark..  I was surprised by the amount of empty seats.. and yes they could cancel other flights but that does not mean "flight are packed " because everyone is flying, it's because there are less seats than before.

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I flew to Florida and back and both flights were packed, we all wore masks but there was only a couple open seats.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Will you take off your mask once MA lifts restrictions? Or waiting a bit?

I already shed the mask outdoors. We shed masks for small-medium family gatherings months ago too. Still required to wear them at the grocery store or public transit, which is fine by me. Once those orders are lifted, I’m happy to shed there too.  

• Like 1