Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

we should be removing masks in 2034 - LOL. 

You laugh.

Dr Ramsay, Director of Immunization at Public Health England, said restrictions such as face coverings in public indoor places and social distancing had become accepted by many and still allowed the economy to function well.

She said “people have got used to those lower-level restrictions now, and people can live with them, and the economy can still go on with those less severe restrictions in place.”

So I think certainly for a few years, at least until other parts of the world are as well vaccinated as we are, and the numbers have come down everywhere, that is when we may be able to go very gradually back to a more normal situation,” she added.

Glad we don't live there. Classic conditioning

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That's a good one, but not the scene I had in mind to take care of the hoods on bikes.

It's been awhile since I watched the movie so I don't remember the other scene.  I will have to find it to stream one of these days.

11 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

My man Hilts stretched a thin wire across the road about neck high, and when the Nazi's tore through on the bikes, he pulled the wire tight. 

:scooter:

A while back (20+ years ago?) someone rigged a wire across a popular dirt bike trail in a sand pit near my house.  A kid/adult was killed.    

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Carriers have the connotation they are contagious. Not necessarily so. If the viral load is low enough not to infect the “carrier” there’s most likely not enough to infect anyone else. It’s not typhus, as in Mary.

:)

Yeah... I mean, one does not have to be a codified Epidemiologist to connect the dots on this -

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

LOL

Amazing that they need to use these coercions. Clearly they realized the threats weren't working. Less stick, more carrot.

Did you see what Ohio is doing?  They will be having a drawing every week for 5 weeks in which a vaccinated person will win $1 million.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A while back (20+ years ago?) someone rigged a wire across a popular dirt bike trail in a sand pit near my house.  A kid/adult was killed.    

There's an abandoned Gold Course near my house where people like to walk and take their dogs, bikes and four wheelers are not allowed but they still get in there, the owner blocked the entrances with some boulders, I can see wanting to keep people off your property but you don't have to kill them.

• Like 1

Guess comrade Mills is not going along with CDC guidelines. Masks aren't over yet:

While yes, the CDC has announced people vaccinated against COVID-19 can go without masks indoors and outdoors, Maine's indoor mask requirement remains in effect. However, on May 24, public indoor and outdoor capacity limits will be lifted and physical distancing requirements will be eased."

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, Cans give you no performance gain, But i guess if it sounds loud you must be going faster..........lol, The moose don't care about the noise, They won't even get off the trail when your coming..............:(

A couple years before I moved north in 1976 to work for Seven Islands, one of their techs was driving his sled back toward his truck, using the track he'd broken on the unplowed road while riding in several hours earlier.  Turned a corner and there was a cow moose standing on the track - much preferring the now-firmed snow to the belly-deep powder off to the side.  He began yelling at the moose and inching the sled closer, until the hair stood up on the moose's neck and she headed in. The fellow dove off into the deep stuff and wallowed away from the road while mama moose pretty much destroyed the cowling of the sled before wandering into the woods, fortunately on the opposite side from where the guy had gone.  So he picked up the larger pieces and continued on his way with a story to tell.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

So do you think they're trying to protect more people or make pharma more money?

I think the govt is trying to get more people the vaccine.

That these schemes are even needed just speaks to the fact that this pandemic is not exactly stacking the bodies in the streets and causing real panic. Just based on the stats, most people have lost family members who were already old and sick. I mean, if your grandma in hospice care dies of pneumonia, it's sad but not exactly unexpected, right? Well, this year she died with COVID instead. I've seen data that somewhere between 30-40% of the US deaths from COVID were in LTC facilities. The fact is, a younger healthy person is not going to become terrified of a virus that killed his 90 year grandmother in hospice care. That doesn't make him a moron or science-denier. 

Many people here have anecdotes about their perfectly healthy best buddy in the world catching COVID after his latest marathon and being on a ventilator within 24 hours. I don't want to cast doubt on those stories, but they don't fit the overall big picture.

43 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Did you see what Ohio is doing?  They will be having a drawing every week for 5 weeks in which a vaccinated person will win $1 million.

An additional five people under 18 will be given free tuition, room, and board at any state college if they're vaccinated.

This is just utter BS. So, basically little has changed for vaccinated people and masks:

"Physical distancing requirements for indoor public venues will also be lifted, the Mills administration said, "except in settings where people are eating or drinking and therefore would be removing their face covering – such as indoor restaurants, bars, dining areas in camps or in congregate living facilities, and break rooms."

The indoor mask requirement will remain in effect, despite updated guidance from the U.S. CDC for people who are fully vaccinated. On Thursday, the U.S. CDC eased indoor mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people, allowing them to safely stop wearing masks inside in most places.

During the press conference, Mills said they will review the U.S. CDC's updated mask guidance, and said she's anxious to learn from the U.S. CDC how to distinguish people as vaccinated versus unvaccinated.:rolleyes:

"Notwithstanding the latest guidance from the U.S. CDC ... Mask wearing remains critical, regardless of the venue," Shah added. 

"When we do see [the U.S. CDC guidance], we will review it carefully, and proceed accordingly," Shah said, "but we just learned about and have not yet received it or reviewed it—that's gotta be step number one. Where we go after that, I can't speculate."

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

This is just utter BS. So, basically little has changed for vaccinated people and masks:

"Physical distancing requirements for indoor public venues will also be lifted, the Mills administration said, "except in settings where people are eating or drinking and therefore would be removing their face covering – such as indoor restaurants, bars, dining areas in camps or in congregate living facilities, and break rooms."

The indoor mask requirement will remain in effect, despite updated guidance from the U.S. CDC for people who are fully vaccinated. On Thursday, the U.S. CDC eased indoor mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people, allowing them to safely stop wearing masks inside in most places.

During the press conference, Mills said they will review the U.S. CDC's updated mask guidance, and said she's anxious to learn from the U.S. CDC how to distinguish people as vaccinated versus unvaccinated.:rolleyes:

"Notwithstanding the latest guidance from the U.S. CDC ... Mask wearing remains critical, regardless of the venue," Shah added. 

"When we do see [the U.S. CDC guidance], we will review it carefully, and proceed accordingly," Shah said, "but we just learned about and have not yet received it or reviewed it—that's gotta be step number one. Where we go after that, I can't speculate."

LOL "follow the science!"

You need to recall the Governor like they are doing in CA. That forces them to change tack.

Just now, QCD17 said:

Got my second shot today.  I didn't even get a sticker.  The guy next to me was saying we should have driven to Ohio.

Let us know how you feel over the course of the next day or 2 ?

I'm getting my 2nd dose ... two weeks - 

I'm hearing wildly varying reports on side-effects ranging from nothing to an ER stint - no rhyme or reason or pattern discernible either.   It's been yes and no for maybe cases in every direction.  Zero pattern.

I guess scatter plot or not...the average is at least a semblance of reaction above zero - so... I'm just trying to get a fix on expectation - ha, not that your experience should tip the registry here... 

I didn't get any notice/report from the first dose, personally -

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

That these schemes are even needed just speaks to the fact that this pandemic is not exactly stacking the bodies in the streets and causing real panic. Just based on the stats, most people have lost family members who were already old and sick. I mean, if your grandma in hospice care dies of pneumonia, it's sad but not exactly unexpected, right? Well, this year she died with COVID instead. I've seen data that somewhere between 30-40% of the US deaths from COVID were in LTC facilities. The fact is, a younger healthy person is not going to become terrified of a virus that killed his 90 year grandmother in hospice care. That doesn't make him a moron or science-denier. 

Many people here have anecdotes about their perfectly healthy best buddy in the world catching COVID after his latest marathon and being on a ventilator within 24 hours. I don't want to cast doubt on those stories, but they don't fit the overall big picture.

Do ya think?  Business would like to fully open.

654.jpg

33 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Guess comrade Mills is not going along with CDC guidelines. Masks aren't over yet:

While yes, the CDC has announced people vaccinated against COVID-19 can go without masks indoors and outdoors, Maine's indoor mask requirement remains in effect. However, on May 24, public indoor and outdoor capacity limits will be lifted and physical distancing requirements will be eased."

Interesting.

VT just dropped mask mandates today at the 11am presser.  Following CDC.  

All travel guidance dropped too, not that anyone followed that since last fall.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

There's an abandoned Gold Course near my house where people like to walk and take their dogs, bikes and four wheelers are not allowed but they still get in there, the owner blocked the entrances with some boulders, I can see wanting to keep people off your property but you don't have to kill them.

Agreed.  My land abuts some land owned by the state.  There is a path that ATVs take and I am fine with them riding through, but when they start gunning the engines and doing donuts etc. it irks me.  Like I mentioned I haven't called the cops, but so close.  I don't feel that I can really go over to them and talk to them either.  They then go out onto our road and go to the enxt trail.

Not usually a big deal but sometimes.   

31 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Deaths have been pretty bad (no denying that), but the people who have had long term issues with heart and lung ailments after Covid is what concerned me the most.  I have not seen numbers of long haulers.  This was a pretty nasty virus for many

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Deaths have been pretty bad (no denying that), but the people who have had long term issues with heart and lung ailments after Covid is what concerned me the most.  I have not seen numbers of long haulers.  This was a pretty nasty virus for many

Thankfully we have the vaccine now for everyone who wants it.

I hope the people who are vaccinated do not pivot now to fear over variants. Been hearing that from some of the vaccinated folks in my family.

It is a shame the media hyped the "double mutant" variant talk so much to try to scare people into getting the vaccine. It appears it had more of an effect in making vaccinated people scared their vaccine will stop working.

• Like 1