• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

I had Pandora going on my phone when I dropped it and it was kinda crazy to be looking into the water and the screen is brightly lit up with I presume tunes still cranking down there on the bottom. It was almost ocean water where I dropped it and I'm sure that contributed to it being messed up afterwards. The newer phones definitely can handle being submerged and are a lot tougher than in the past.
I tried having my wife call me to see if phone would light up and be more visible, but no luck

40 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... she said since it’s not a recurring problem and it looks like it was more an issue of how it was cut, the antibiotic should be okay.

If it keeps happening, I may have to get a partial piece of the nail removed or something.

If hasn’t spread of anything, it’s just one side of the big toe, so hopefully the antibiotic clears it rather quickly.

I had to have mine yanked one time, a new one will grow in nice. I dropped a piece of cordwood on my toe and it got infected so maybe different than yours but still hurt like a mofo, I hobbled for a couple weeks before I went to the doc.

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Thanks. I’ll talk to my doctor about it. 

I will say this, it’s incredible how much pain just a small infection on one side of the toe can cause. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I told my wife this morning that Neosporin and ibuprofen weren’t cutting it and I needed to go get an antibiotic. 

Dude I feel ya.  I had that last summer.  Cut my toenail wrong I guess, it became lodged in the side of the toe overtime, turned yellow with infection. The pain was intense for such a minor thing though if it was hit by my shoe.

I can’t remember the product but I got something in the supermarket that was like a circular bandage pad.  It helped immediately, numbed the area under it, which was the ingrown nail.  After a few days of those things, the toe was numb enough that I was able to cut back the nail (still hurt like hell, but could do it without passing out lol).  That seemed to fix it.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dude I feel ya.  I had that last summer.  Cut my toenail wrong I guess, it became lodged in the side of the toe overtime, turned yellow with infection. The pain was intense for such a minor thing though if it was hit by my shoe.

I can’t remember the product but I got something in the supermarket that was like a circular bandage pad.  It helped immediately, numbed the area under it, which was the ingrown nail.  After a few days of those things, the toe was numb enough that I was able to cut back the nail (still hurt like hell, but could do it without passing out lol).  That seemed to fix it.

Oh yeah, you have a link to something similar? That sounds like something I could use

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Oh yeah, you have a link to something similar? That sounds like something I could use

Yup I found it.  Dr Scholls. 

I rarely buy this type of stuff thinking it’s too gimmicky but with the pain, I was getting anything.  Best $10 spent at Shaws ever, ha.

I think it was like the 4th or 5th day I was able to cut the nail away from the skin.  Euphoric feeling afterward, :lol:.

Dr Scholls

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Probably means you had COVID recently and recovered. You already had natural immunity.

I'd be shocked if I had Covid, but who knows.  I've been tested for it multiple times for travel, and was always negative.  I know quite a few people that have had similar reactions to the Moderna shot that didn't have Covid before (that they know of).  I just assumed my immune system went into hibernation without having any viruses to defend itself against for the past year.  I never had a cold or flu or anything.  Neither did my wife or kids.  Normally I'm getting at least 1 or 2 colds a year and the flu every few years.

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Anyone have an electric lawn mower?  Our old Crapsman is about done and looking to get something new.

Usually takes around an hour to do our front and back...  Considering the EGO 21" self propelled

Yes I love it. Buy 2 batteries just in case but its so light and quiet. Works as well as gas

• Thanks 1

I bought a Dewalt - push/not self-propelled $399 - used once. worked fine. I'm finding that lawn mowers and ethanol gas even with stabilizers don't mix well. It was nice to press a button and start right up. I now have two old combustion engine mowers I need to get rid of...neither work

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Agree with this, just got one and it’s great, no running to get gas, just have a spare battery and all good.

The model I’m looking at folds up to store as well. Lol. I found that amusing.  

The batteries are pretty pricey though.  But cheaper than gas in the long run 

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Short outing on the boat this afternoon. Pulled up to the dock and went to tie up. Forgot cell phone was in top pocket. Woops, out it went and sunk 8 ft. F it. I'm going in. Water temp 58f. Went down three times but too murky and no mask. Pissed. Went up to bar, but shivering too much. Wife suggested we get in car and put heat on. Good idea. Got home and took shower. Cell phone wasn't worth hypothermia or worse. Using old phone. I'll get it back when it warms up and bring mask, but it's probably toast. Otherwise, a decent day but missed the showers. No surprise there.

Up in your neck of woods yesterday. Was surprised by # of boats in the water and activity on lakes. Top of Long Lake boat launch was busy. I still remember vividly, my Uncle and Dad trying to get me to dive maskless to find a propeller part which they'd accidently dropped in the the sebago lake basin at some boat yard back in the early 70's. There was no visibility and I panicked almost immediately! They kept sending me back down!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angus said:

I bought a Dewalt - push/not self-propelled $399 - used once. worked fine. I'm finding that lawn mowers and ethanol gas even with stabilizers don't mix well. It was nice to press a button and start right up. I now have two old combustion engine mowers I need to get rid of...neither work

I've had that problem with mine, probably just need to clean or rebuild the carburetor, ethanol does a number on them. I only used non ethanol gas in my chainsaw. Ethanol is terrible stuff for small engines.

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I've had that problem with mine, probably just need to clean or rebuild the carburetor, ethanol does a number on them. I only used non ethanol gas in my chainsaw. Ethanol is terrible stuff for small engines

I never bother rebuilding carburetors anymore. Buy a Chinese knock off carburetor on eBay. they're usually less than $20. Two bolts into the intake manifold and you're done. Works every time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yup I found it.  Dr Scholls. 

I rarely buy this type of stuff thinking it’s too gimmicky but with the pain, I was getting anything.  Best $10 spent at Shaws ever, ha.

I think it was like the 4th or 5th day I was able to cut the nail away from the skin.  Euphoric feeling afterward, :lol:.

Dr Scholls

Thanks... just ordered it.... might give it a go once the infection gets under control.

My wife wanted to take a pin to it :lol:. I said do you want the whole neighborhood to hear me scream?

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It’s amazing sometimes.  My buggy lost his phone on a backcountry ski trail one year in late January... someone hiking after the snow melted found it and it turned on.  He was able to get it back to my buddy.  It was like 4 months of Mansfield weather that thing endured.

Also this spring someone contacted me on social to try and find a phones owner... iPhone 11 found when the snow melted, dried it in some rice and it fired right up but locked on Home Screen so hard to figure out owner.

Hardy little devices sometimes.

In early 2019 one of the I-Pads we loan to our logging contractors survived the fire that toasted a cut-to-length processor.  Hot fire too, as all 4 tires were consumed.

Companies should be wary of mandating vaccines.

OSHA just weighed in and said that if a company forces employees to get the jab and they have an "adverse reaction" that liability is on the company that forced the vaccine. That means monetary payouts and lawsuits.

Small businesses who want to virtue signal over vaccines need to be very careful. They may assume the govt or vaccine makers have some liability, when in reality they have zero.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Bite down on a stick or something similar while you wife does it, it'll be over in a second, like ripping off a band aid.

And have a bottle whiskey near by.  Just like they did in westerns when the had to remove a bullet or arrow from someone.

• Like 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The amount of people on Twitter saying this is a bad move astounds me. If you want to continue wearing a mask, you’re more than welcome too, I don’t get the angst 

The India variant was found in Maine. There will probably be a lot of breakthrough cases this summer and everyone will start freaking out.