Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

All the CT people rolling in too.   Looking like it will be legalized here but won't go into effect until May 2022...classic CT giving money to other states for another year....reminds me of the no booze law that was here, we were the 2nd to last in the country to fold on that stupid law.

Nah the classic CT way would be to commission a study for $10 million, then do nothing, revisit the issue 5 or 10 years down the road and repeat the cycle. Is there a more conservative "liberal" state than CT?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The creativity in the names and sub genres are awesome too.  And I can’t believe it isn’t legal in NH.   That won’t last. 

Yeah it is shocking to me that NH isn't legal yet for sales. They decriminalized it several years back, but have lagged on legalizing the sale. At least anyone in new hampshire doesn't have to drive very far to get to a store though since all 3 bordering states allow sales.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I think there are hundreds or even thousands of different strains but the ones you hear most commonly about are the ones which are said to more more contagious and in the case of the Brazilian variant, more deadly. But this is why you get some who test positive but never display symptoms b/c they likely had a strain that just wasn't potent...and this lead to the questions about whether those who are asymptomatic can be spreader or not.

The virus can mutate all it wants...so long as any of the mutations that develop aren't more contagious or deadly  and the ones that are more commonly discussed about are ones that fit these profiles. There is actually also a New York variant which is believed to be the #1 spreader here in CT. 

Covid -19 is in the same family as Covid -4 ...a.k.a. the common head cold, also known to some as the "Rhino Virus", but dubbed so because of it's horns ?  those are the same features present ( essentially) in the 19 Coronavirus' manifold ...They're cousins.

I mean, if one wants to get philosophically-techy about it ... the Covid -'X' has many genomic relatives .... Just agreeing with here but it's not really an "I think" ( lol...) - more like "there are..."

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah MA took forever to get rid of their sunday blue liquor laws....I think as recently as like '04 or '05 you couldn't buy on a sunday. The finally got rid of it....but they kept strict hours on Sundays until less than 10 years ago when they finally allowed the stores to open before noontime on Sundays.

It was back in the early 2000's as i recall and i was some pissed off as i thought the kid was messing with me, I told him for christ sakes i'm from Maine and they had jettisoned that law back in the 70's.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah MA took forever to get rid of their sunday blue liquor laws....I think as recently as like '04 or '05 you couldn't buy on a sunday. The finally got rid of it....but they kept strict hours on Sundays until less than 10 years ago when they finally allowed the stores to open before noontime on Sundays.

Indiana just got rid of the Sunday thing a few years ago.  Hours are still limited on Sunday though... I think from noon until 8 or 9 pm.  But we're talking Indiana... not exactly a state known for quick progress on certain things lol.

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ma is kind of a funny state. Smoke em if you got em as far weed goes, but it’s like moving mountains to legalize sports gambling.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Cannabis store near me was packed yesterday and today. :lol:

We have a 'store' ( I guess it is ...) near-by in town here, "Gage" is the name of it, 2A leaving the rotary E on the left side. 

They seem to be open like once every 2 weeks I'm guessing, because much of the time the lights are off and the parking lots empty. But on that one or two days .... look out!  Line out the door with mask clad people, all standing in single file, 6 feet by 6 feet, winding around the parking lot.  Never thought I'd see the day when cops are not only not arresting people for pot, but in a funny sort of metaphor, by directing they're guiding the joints and bongs to mouth - they're veritable Gonja nurses... - LOL. It's a shit show of people coming and going in throngs, while normal irate trucking and commuter traffic attempts to squeeze through that artery to the town.

I was thinking the other day ... wouldn't it be funny if some compound in the Marijuana was the key silver bullet cure all for this C-19 thing - hilarious. And to really chap the asses of those that hate it being legal... turns out, you have to smoke it regularly in a kind of fun way and that makes people laugh and want to get along - god forbid.  

I love karma -

Course, I can't smoke the stuff.  F's me up ... I get weird physical reactions that are not fun and laughy but more like sad and die-y feeling so heh...maybe stick to a Long Island Ice Teas

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ma is kind of a funny state. Smoke em if you got em as far weed goes, but it’s like moving mountains to legalize sports gambling.

America is full of silly Puritan stuff like that. Gotta cover up the boobs on statues but feel free to let your 7 year old gun down hookers in GTA V after school.

• Haha 1

I’ve been in science and medicine for 38 years. Ive found about 1/3 of what’s published and touted is flat wrong. Another 1/3 is pretty much on the money and the other 1/3 is somewhere in between. 
Worst thing to ever happen to science is google and the masses reading scientific papers that they can’t vet properly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’ve been in science and medicine for 38 years. Ive found about 1/3 of what’s published and touted is flat wrong. Another 1/3 is pretty much on the money and the other 1/3 is somewhere in between. 
Worst thing to ever happen to science is google and the masses reading scientific papers that they can’t vet properly.

What do you think of that article I posted? 

10 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

just grow your own, its easy 

Yep. A grow tent with a led light and carbon filter for a few hundred is all you need. You can legally buy seeds in the mail aka (souvenirs) from North Atlantic Seed Company in Maine. With autoflowers in 3 months you can have like the equivalent of a few grand in Mass recreational prices. 

7 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Yep. A grow tent with a led light and carbon filter for a few hundred is all you need. You can legally buy seeds in the mail aka (souvenirs) from North Atlantic Seed Company in Maine. With autoflowers in 3 months you can have like the equivalent of a few grand in Mass recreational prices. 

Sure can...........:)

IMG_5193.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is all outside grown and this stuff will set you ablaze....................:lol:

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sun and soil grown organic is still the best.  Screw indoors.   

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nothing works like the sun! 

B)

Its 420 on 420 smoke um if ya got um

• Like 1