wdrag

OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

2 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Winter Storm Warning canceled here and replaced with a Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 7 pm Friday for an additional 1-3" of snow and one tenth of an inch of ice.

Makes sense.  Kind of a two-part scenario and longer duration between.  

1 minute ago, Northof78 said:

Looks like for the NYC Metro 2-4" from round 1 and then maybe another 1-3" over the next 18 hours for a total of 4"-7" or so. But in C & C/S NJ, they could be looking for a storm total of around a foot, with 8-10" alone from round 1.

Yeah this wasn't much around here, 2-4 and 4 I think is pushing it. reminds me of every storm in 2015. Anyway, starting to get ZR now and it is building up. 

2 hours ago, Blizzardo said:

It was a thump alright!  6" in about 6 hours!  Lol

Wow just across the river from me. We probably have just over half that. 

The 18z GFS has a solid burst of snow tomorrow afternoon while the 18z 3k NAM has spotty snow at best. The 12z RGEM split the difference and looks similar to the latest long range HRRR. 

Hopefully models are underestimating the snow coverage and intensity tonight, otherwise nobody is getting close to the 7" that was predicted for most.

1 hour ago, SleetStormNJ said:

I measured about 3.7-3.8 before compaction.

Yeah - a bit of an "under" but not a terrible winter event, definite winter feel still out there.   Looks like some possibility of some nuisance precip through this evening.  

Yeah it was kind of fun. Took the wife to work in the lab and did the "jebwalk" in the sleet for an hour; was kinda neat. Then the ZR arrived; wet at first but now glazing over. Maybe we can eke something else out later ( though I kinda doubt it ).

Back home.  Freezing drizzle in Holbrook.  I'll go with whatever ISP or the other Holbrook guys report as a snow total.  

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

The 18z GFS has a solid burst of snow tomorrow afternoon while the 18z 3k NAM has spotty snow at best. The 12z RGEM split the difference and looks similar to the latest long range HRRR. 

Hopefully models are underestimating the snow coverage and intensity tonight, otherwise nobody is getting close to the 7" that was predicted for most.

7 not happening.  Most will be lucky to see another 1-2 inches from this...

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

7 not happening.  Most will be lucky to see another 1-2 inches from this...

Another 1-2 would get a lot of Long Island to 6-7 inches

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Back home.  Freezing drizzle in Holbrook.  I'll go with whatever ISP or the other Holbrook guys report as a snow total.  

Didn’t measure but I’m guessing around 4-5

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Another 1-2 would get a lot of Long Island to 6-7 inches

Parts of Central NJ has 7 +

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Isotherm said:

8.8" here, likely final total - Colts Neck, Monmouth County [reported to NWS via trained spotter ID]. This brings us to 37.9" on the season.

9.8" now total here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1