Total Members
    Most Online
    Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

wdrag

Puking snow here in Farmingville, NY.

I live at one of the higher elevations on Long Island, by Bald Hill, at little over 300 feet. Does that little bit of elevation make any kind of difference in my weather vs people close by but at sea level? 

Just now, psv88 said:

3" an hour rates for a while, very unexpected, the mix line stayed city and west. Models nailed the LI jackpot. Looks to be winding down, let's hope the coastal delivers tonight....but i did not expect this blitz

I completely forgot about the coastal!  I now have that feeling like when I find random money in my pockets!

1 minute ago, NYR99 said:

Puking snow here in Farmingville, NY.

I live at one of the higher elevations on Long Island, by Bald Hill, at little over 300 feet. Does that little bit of elevation make any kind of difference in my weather vs people close by but at sea level? 

Sometimes.  It definitely doesn't hurt.  You near Adirondack drive?

4 minutes ago, psv88 said:

3" an hour rates for a while, very unexpected, the mix line stayed city and west. Models nailed the LI jackpot. Looks to be winding down, let's hope the coastal delivers tonight....but i did not expect this blitz

We should hopefully add 1-2” from that part but it won’t be major. So if we end this with 4-5” it would bring us to 5-7” which is what was expected pretty much 

• Like 1