• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

February 14-16 Winter Storm Part 2

This is my video from outside my TV station. This isn't even under the best radar returns. Absolutely fantastic. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Conditions are something here. Just so much snow, it’s like fog. Just measured 3.2”. So in addition to part one’s 2.2”, up to 5.4” storm total. Will measure again at midnight. Going to be a long night. :D

Just measured 4.1” here about 4.5 miles NW of the city.  Currently sitting in a heavy band and poring snow.  

Can confirm the drifting is getting a bit extreme in my little corner of rural NW Indiana. Roads are indistinguishable from the surrounding farmland. Sounds like it's raining outside. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

there still appears to be a main band of LES coming ashore Lake./Cook but south east of that several multi-bands moving into central cook with heavier system snow overlap and even yellow pixels on COD (32 dBZ) radar which is very impressive for dry fluffy snow

>30 dbz in a lake band is officially barfing snow territory.

• Like 3

Picked up 2”+ in the past 90 minutes in northern St Clair county, there’s a thin band of snow hitting us off southern Lake Huron and it’s intense. Wind is really ramping up also out of the north east. Just looking at the radar the storm looks like it’s heading more north north east then north east like I thought it was supposed to. Heck even northern lower will pick up a few inches if it keeps heading north. Enjoy the snow everyone!

• Like 1

Hey Stebo, I know you’ve had some opinions on DTW over the years, what would you have done for the GRR forecast area? 

It’s seems crazy to me (just a lurker mind you) that based on 24 hr trends and current guidance that most if not all of their

advisory counties should have been upgraded to warning. Even using a conservative 18:1 slr (their number per afd) and 

avg. qpf of around 0.35-0.40 for the whole area, you come out with snowfall and event duration  that would seem to warrant the upgrade?

So incredible outside. It hasn't been since, maybe 2016 that I've had the chance to walk through rates as intense as this. Visibility still very low here-maybe a few blocks worth, with a very fine-grain +SN [wind is hard to gauge since I'm deep in the city]. Temp is 3 degrees. Not sure how much we've accumulated since it's all drifted around. 

Getting the goods here with enhancement from the LE band bisecting Schaumburg. Definitely 1/4SM or less, pouring snow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not coming down as it is points east and southeast, but decent snow and 1 degree in DeKalb. -20 wind chill. Coldest I've ever experienced accumulating snow.

I was in Northern IN for GHDI. We only got about 8 inches before getting dryslotted. This has the feel of that storm but it doesn't look like we'll get the dryslot this time. It's just puking snow. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Getting the goods here with enhancement from the LE band bisecting Schaumburg. Definitely 1/4SM or less, pouring snow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Snowing at a good clip in Lake Barrington. Roads bad here at Canlan for a soccer game

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vortex said:

Just measured 4.1” here about 4.5 miles NW of the city.  Currently sitting in a heavy band and poring snow.  

I cleared my board after my last measurement, then just did an hour measurement for fun. 1.5" was it.. Pretty awesome. And it's puking snow right now. :D

• Like 5